11 Things Vegans Hear Too Often

11 Things Vegans Hear Too Often

Yes, I get enough protein and it isn't from an innocent animal.
108

When I finally decided to go vegan, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I was vegetarian for the majority of my life and simply got bored with my eating habits, so I made the plunge. Although as a vegetarian I would constantly be criticized for my eating habits; when I became vegan I realized I had opened the doors for all sorts of remarks related to my dietary habits.

While some people genuinely want to know more about veganism, others question every aspect of veganism, which can get extremely annoying very fast. If I had a dollar for every time I heard one of these comments, I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

1. So wait, what do you eat?

All the guilt-free and delicious food that the world has to offer.

2. Where do you get your protein?

Okay, so maybe not this extreme, but you get the gist.

3. (Anything bacon related).

RIP to this cute guy.

4. I could NEVER be vegan!

You know the saying, "never say never?"

5. "I tried to go vegetarian once but..."

I tried eating meat once, it tasted like death.

6. I'm gonna get you to eat meat.

No, just stop.

7. That can't be healthy.

But the synthetic hormones and steroids in your meat are?

8. People are supposed to eat meat!

With this logic, if a carnivorous animal were to eat a human it should be considered okay because the animal is supposed to eat meat.

9. Plants have feeling too!

If you had to save a dog or a head of lettuce from falling off of a cliff, what would you save? (P.S. Plants are not sentient beings!)

10. If someone gave you one million dollars, would you eat meat?

Except me eating meat isn't a bargain.

11. How can you afford all that fancy food?

I'm a college study relying on financial aid. If I can afford food, so can you.