11 Of The Most Underrated Study Spots At Penn State

This school is filled with tons of hidden gems.

786
Penn State Flickr

There's only so much studying one can do before being overwhelmed by the noise in the hub or the sheer amount of people in the library. Penn State is a huge school with some hidden gems. Here are 11 of them.

1. IST Bridge

As a communications major, I never had a class in the IST building but my business and IST friends spend much of their time in this architectural marvel.

2. Eastview Terrace study rooms

The first floor of Brill Hall is open during business days and there's a conference room that is rarely used. Might as well use it.

3. Biobehavioral Health Building and Health and Human Development Building

Both are interesting buildings with seating and outlets abound. HHD has a great view of downtown as well.

4. Dieke Library

The Earth and Mineral Sciences Library is located in the Dieke Building. It is essentially a mini version of Patee and Paterno with individual desks, 41 PCs and 5 individual rooms to study in.

5. Hintz Alumni Center

This place is quiet. Often stopping there in between my Willard and Hammond classes, there are many comfortable seats that are left undisturbed and the homey feel is unlike any other spot at Penn State.

6. HUB Bookstore Starbucks

On off hours, this spot is amazing. Outlets are easy to find, you're five steps away from coffee and you can choose to be by yourself at some of the smaller tables or in a group at the longer ones.

7. Rothrock Cafe

A cafe located near Home D Pizzeria on South Atherton, this spot is sadly only open until 6 p.m. so it's best for those who can study during the day.

8: Sower's Harvest

Everyone's favorite amish cafe is also a great place to catch up on Econ. The tables are a great size to spread out all of your notes and if the weather is nice you can grab one of their outdoor tables.

9. Abba Java

A cafe run by the Wesley Foundation, you don't have to be religious to study there. The coffee is free and there are comfy chairs. Need I say more?

10. Webster's Bookstore Cafe

Literally underground, this bookstore and cafe are full of unusual books and board games to explore when you need to take a break. There's a wide variety of seating too so if you're an armchair or table person they have you covered.

11. Cafe 210

When it's 55 days, you gotta do what you gotta do.