11 Undeniable Reason Why Fall Is The Best Season

And thank goodness summer is over.

37
Google

11 Reasons Why Fall is Undeniably the Greatest Season

For as long as Summer in Georgia is hot, people have argued over which season of the year reigns supreme. Some people like Spring, because flowers are pretty and it’s warm. Some people like Winter, because of the snow and the holidays. Some people like Summer. These people are not to be trusted. They are wrong.

The confusing part about this is that there really isn’t an argument. It is clear that one season is by far the greatest of all. And that, my friends, is Fall.

Yes, Fall is scientifically proven to be the best. Don’t believe me? Here are 11 reasons why Fall is undeniably the greatest time of the year.

1. The Wardrobe

It’s no secret that fall clothes are the cutest. You’ve got sweaters, you’ve got boots, and you’ve got scarves. Jewel tone nail polish and dark lips are the trend, and all the color palette for the next several month is nothing but warm shades of yellow and brown. Oh, and of course, flannels. Need I say more? Throw on your sweater, cardigan, and boots and go outside and enjoy the fact that it’s not 90 degrees anymore. Bless.

2. The Leaves Are Changing

Is there anything prettier than watching the trees turn red and orange? The leaves fall down in little gusts of wind. It all looks like a big warm cozy watercolor. In my opinion, it’s way more pleasant to look at than the steam coming off of the pavement because it’s TOO HOT.

3. Pumpkin Spice

Would this even be an article about fall if I didn’t mention pumpkin spice? It’s the bread and butter of the season. The day Starbucks releases their pumpkin spice is like the second coming of Christ. And Starbucks is just the beginning. Don’t forget pumpkin spice candles, pumpkin spice bath bombs, pumpkin spice lotion, and the list goes on.

4. Crisp Autumn Mornings

I am not a morning person. But getting up early is worth it when you can step outside, with your warm cup of pumpkin spice coffee in your flannel pajamas and enjoy the nip in the air. It’s just cold enough to be refreshing. Also, is it just me or are sunrises prettier in the fall? Maybe that’s because it’s the only time of the year I ever see them.

5. Cool Autumn Nights

I can’t mention the tranquil mornings without addressing the bonfires, the marshmallows and the hot cocoa. There’s nothing like curling up around the fire, sharing scary stories and enjoy the cool night. In summer, nights are muggy and gross. In winter, it’s just too cold, and even though the spring weather is nice, you have to share it with the bugs. There’s no better time to be outside than fall.

6. Apple Scented Everything

While we all love our pumpkin spice, it is not the only heavenly fall smell. We can’t forget about apple. Apple everything. Apple cider. Apple butter. Apple candles. (I recently purchased a candle labeled “Farm Apple Pumpkin” and I don’t think I will ever inhale anything that wonderful again. It touched my soul.)

7. New TV Shows

Even though we all love being outside come fall time, the great outdoors isn’t the only thing that gets greater in the cooler months. Fall brings season premieres galore. I have been waiting since May for Jane the Virgin to come back and it is just around the corner. Not to mention The Bachelor, and, of course, the holy grail of television, Dancing With The Stars. These are just my basic white girl television preferences, but I’m sure there’s some other shows that come on in the fall, right? (Seriously, do people actually watch stuff other than reality and HGTV?)

8. Halloween

Did you think I’d forget? HALLOWEEN PEOPLE. Even though Halloween isn’t my all-time favorite holiday, it’s still a great time. Scary movies, costume parties and candy everywhere. What could be better? Babies and dogs dress up in costumes and OMG. Dead. No matter how you spend Halloween, you’re sure to have a good time.

9. Daylight Savings Time

An extra hour of sleep. Enough said.

10. Pumpkin Patches

I know I’ve already addressed pumpkin spice, but we need to talk about actual pumpkins. Pumpkins are cute AF. Don’t even get me started on gourds. Pumpkin patches are this amazing seasonal novelty that we take for granted. Take a Saturday this October and go to your local pumpkin patch! Big pumpkins, little pumpkins and everything in between. They make for great pictures, and a great time. Maybe there’s a corn maze and refreshments as well. Even better.

11. Comfort Food

Obviously Thanksgiving is the comfort food holiday, but that’s not the only day you can enjoy pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes. Not to mention soups, chowders, and all those food that leave a warm sensation in your tummy when it’s chilly outside.

In conclusion, I’ve made it clear that there really is no competition. Fall is the best. Nothing can beat the crisp air, the good food, and the cute clothes. So bundle up and get outside because fall is finally upon us, and we should soak up every minute. Happy Autumn everyone!