11 Reasons Why I Am Actually Excited For Fall

Football is not the only reaosn.

2
Village Garden Blog

Summer is my season. Hot weather when you can wear running shorts and a tank top day and night. No need to bundle up and be cold, or even, in the luck of living in Washington, wet. For once, though, I stepped outside of my sorority under the trees recently and felt like this weather may be fun, of course, if it stays dry!

So here it goes, get ready!

1. Warm Drinks: I am usually an iced type of gal, iced chai tea lattes, white chocolate mochas, black and white mochas. Though now, I’m excited to warm up my hands with a hot drink and feel it warm my body. Hot chocolate, apple cider, and mochas! And, of course, a little bit of whip cream to melt in!

2. Evening Football Games: Let's just say I am so sick of daytime football games, they don’t feel like football games! But with fall comes dark nights under the lights, and oh baby can I say, Go Cougs!

3. Cute Pictures: Nothing beats pickup trucks, pumpkins, and leaves as the backdrop for a picture! All dressed up in fall colors with your sorority sisters or boyfriend (I wish I had one) in the pumpkin patch are keepers!

4. Cuddle Weather: I don’t know anyone who is more of a cuddle bug than me! With cold weather, you all have to cuddle on the couch watching movies all night long!

5. Homemade Soup and Stew: Nothing beats Mama’s soup and stew on a dark cold night. Corn chowder, beef stew, and chili and chicken tortilla soup always hit the spot! It’s the good stuff when you can smell it all throughout the house, and scoop large spoonfuls into a deep bowl!

6. The Holidays: The holiday times mean we get to escape college for a bit and go home to our friends and family! Oh, how I am excited to be back with the family sharing Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years together! Even though we never do a lot, it’s the time that we are all together that makes it the best! After a busy summer working, then a crazy-hard school schedule, this break is a well worth wait!

7. Tie Blankets: Yes, any kinds of blankets are great, but fresh-made tie blankets are the best! You can’t go wrong with a trip to the craft store to find a new print and torturing your fingers to the point they start bleeding by the amount of cutting and tying you have to go! No one can disagree that tie blankets are the squishiest blankets made with love that there is!

8. Cute Fall Outfits: For some reason, the fall time always encouraged me to look a little more like a girly girl! I put up the Nikes and athletic wear for a while and take out the booties, green army jacket, oversized sweaters, big scarves and flannels!

9. Caramel Apples, Candy Corn and Kettle Corn: I love food, and I definitely have a sweet tooth food! Nothing beats making your own caramel apples and going to the bulk section of the supermarket for candy and popcorn! They are very healthy options for the possible fall candies and snacks you could choose from!

10. Bonfires: Ahh warm fires and s’mores on a cold night, those are the best! The sparks of the flames coming at you, and trying to burn holes through your sweats and sweatshirt are the fun about it all! Getting a big group of friends together for a fire in the nowhere of Pullman can't be beat!

11. Fuzzy Socks: My feet are always frozen, so there are no better feeling than wool socks and heat warmers! No matter if you're wearing leggings or a nightgown, the staple of that outfit are always the socks! But the hardest decision will be what color and print to wear!

What more reason do we need to get excited for fall? As we say goodbye to summer, there is plenty more to enjoy about being a Coug this upcoming season.