11 Reasons You Should Get More Sleep

11 Reasons You Should Get More Sleep

College is stressful but you should still get enough sleep

13
11 Reasons You Should Get More Sleep
neuwritesd.org

From the time we were little, our parents gave us bed times and often chastised us for not sticking to those bed times as we grew older. Now in college most of us are like "What is sleep?" If you are not in college yet you don't know the struggle, but if you are in college now or have been through it before then you do know what insufficient sleep feels like. It is not always because we were out partying. Sometimes professors just pile so much work on you at the same time that it is impossible to get it all done on time without sacrificing sleep. Here are 11 reasons we should probably get more sleep:

1. Better Memory

A good night of sleep after you have been cramming for a test can help you to remember the material for the class. Sometimes no matter how much you study if you don't get enough sleep before a test, you won't be able to remember.

2. Physical Appearance

Without a good night's sleep no amount of makeup can completely get rid of those under eye bags. You don't want to be walking around campus looking like a zombie.

3. Better Sex Life

This is an important part of life. You want to be able to perform when the time comes and also be able to focus on the task at hand.

4. Better mood

After a good night's sleep I am always in a better mood than I am when I only got one hour in, or worse, pulled an all nighter. You don't want to be snapping at your friends or your professors.

5. Lower risk of injury (car accidents)

Without sufficient sleep you are more susceptible to falling asleep behind the wheel. This not only puts yourself in danger but also other drivers and pedestrians.

6. Clearer Thinking

Without enough sleep you might not be able to think clearly. In college you need all of your wits about you to navigate life to the best of your ability.

7. Better weight control

The more time you spend staying up the more you snack. It's just a thing that happens when you're studying or just not sleeping.

8. Depression

Not getting enough sleep can lead to depression. Sleep is important for maintaining your mental health.

9. Stronger Immunity

Getting enough sleep can help your body get enough energy to cope with illnesses such as the common cold.

10. Better Health

Getting enough sleep can aid in preventing things such as heart disease.

11. Live longer

Even though we're in college now and sometimes you don't think too far in the future, it is a good idea to invest in some sleep now so that you may live longer in the future.