8 Places NOT To Go On Valentines Day

8 Places NOT To Go On Valentines Day

"Netflix and Chill" is not acceptable.

55
8 Places NOT To Go On Valentines Day
Tumblr

With Valentine's Day fast approaching, countless articles are being published telling you where to take your S/O for the best date ever. That being said, no one is taking the time to lay out the places that are downright unacceptable for your Valentine's Day date. So, here they are.

1. McDonalds

Though they did just drop the delicious mozzarella sticks, this is not the ideal place to bring your S/O. Greasy fried foods are amazing, yes, but you both deserve something a little classier for a night like this. Perhaps instead of McDonalds, try Wendy's; I heard they had real potato fries with sea salt.

2. Your Dorm Room

This one is a huge no no for obvious reasons. Unless you and your S/O have been together for long enough to agree that you both want to stay in, "Netflix and Chill" is not a thing. At the very least, go to dinner first. Again, I encourage you to go crazy and try out some of the culinary oases that populate our country, such as Olive Garden, Applebees, or, if you are really feeling like throwing caution to the wind, Dominos.

3. Your Parent's House

I'm not sure why someone would do this in the first place, but I thought I'd throw it in here, just in case. On the most romantic night of the year, you do not want to be at your parent's house. I know your mom makes the best mac n' cheese in the world, but still, bring your S/O somewhere where they can be comfortable, too.

4. The Movies

Not to say that the movies aren't great (because they most definitely are), but maybe not the best idea for Valentine's Day. On this day, the theaters will be flooded with middle school and high school kids excited to go out on their first real Valentine's date. I suggest you avoid at all costs.

5. Group Dates

On any other day, a group date is always fun, but on a day like this, it's all about you and your S/O. If you have absolutely no choice and you have to go out with a group, be sure that your S/O feels the same way about them. You don't want to extinguish any potential flame of romance on account of your friends.

6. Victoria's Secret

A store like Victoria's Secret can lead to high expectations on both sides. I suggest in this department you just go with the flow, or go to VS on your own, before Valentine's Day.

7. A Sports Bar (NBA all-star weekend)

All right, I get that NBA All-Star weekend is coming to a close on Valentine's Day, but that is no reason to drag your S/O to a sports bar -- unless, of course, both you are die-hard sports fans. In that case, eat your foam-fingered hearts out.

8. The dining hall

Do I really need to explain this one? Like, really? Just don't. There is nothing less romantic than your school's dining hall

9. The Mall

This is an awesome place to go any other day and that is exactly why you shouldn't go here on Valentines Day, do something you wouldn't do normally.

10. The Jewelry Store

Unless your S/O is really picky, take the time to go pick something on your own, it's more meaningful and your S/O will most likely appreciate it.

11. The Club

Maybe it's just me, but techno music and sweaty bodies don't exactly scream romance to me...

Make sure you have a plan!

Over all, I'm sure your S/O won't even care what you guys end up doing, just as long as you've put some thought into it.