"Hey, Colbie! I have no idea what I'm doing. Wanna do this together?" That was the first text I sent when I found out she was going to the same college as me. We had gone to school together our whole lives but had only really been acquaintances. Thank Jesus college has a way of bringing you close to people just because you're all freaked out and need a security blanket because I'm not sure what I would have done without her this year.

We shared our favorite coffees one day and before too much longer we were sharing everything else. Living with my best friend has seriously been so much fun and given me so many amazing memories. You don't really realize how much you need someone until you're thrust into a new and potentially scary situation.

There's nothing like having somebody who's down for every 1 AM run to get food or endless Slurpees from gas stations, yet STILL motivates you to wake up early and exercise and study. Without Colbie, I probably would have failed my math class... and most of my other classes too. Y'all, when I say your friends are the best motivation I mean it.

We've had some pretty cool little adventures since becoming best friends, too. From our pretty much countless inside jokes to our nearly magnetic attraction to weird and crazy situations and circumstances, there's never been a dull moment. I'm honestly so thankful that college brought us together and gave us this friendship and these memories because these truly are some of the best days of our lives.

We've been through a lot of ups and downs since the beginning of the year, though thankfully most of them were ups, we've still got a long way to go, a lot of adventures to be had, buckets of iced coffee to drink and a few more tests to cry over. Without a doubt, my freshmen year of college was only great because of her and her constant willingness to stay up as late as we needed in order to pass our test or perfect our speech.

So thank you, college, for giving me more than just an education.