5 Things I Want My Bestfriend At A Different College To Know

I miss the days filled with laughter and the nights filled with McDonald's french fries.
27659

Of course, we knew this day would come. We just tended to avoid the thought of it. All summer we were both asked what our future plans were, and we told them. Everyone was surprised, of course, that we wouldn't be together. "What are you two going to do without each other?" they would ask. In my eyes, nothing could come between our friendship because honestly I don't know what I would do without you.

1. I could never replace you.

You have always been and always will be my best friend. I haven't found anyone remotely close to you. Your personality is one of a kind, and nobody could ever live up to your sense of humor. Nobody could ever understand me and my crazy ways like you do.

2. I talk about you all the time.

It's hard to have a conversation about high school, my favorite things or sports without bringing up you and our friendship. Somehow, your name comes up, and I end up telling them about our 2 a.m. McDonald's runs or our pointless conversations in physiology class.

3. It's OK for you to make new friends.

Will I be jealous? Of course. There's no way around it, though. It's college, and you're bound to make other friends who enjoy the same activities and hobbies you do. You might even find someone you consider a best friend. And that is great. I would never want you to feel alone, and I certainly want you to have someone around to do the things with you that we used to do. Just know, I will always be here to do those things when we come home.

4. I'm not going anywhere.

Whether we're home on break or just home for a weekend, I'll be ready to take on the world with you again. We can do something crazy or just sit and talk. As long as we're together again, I'll be happy.

5. I miss you.

Sometimes, it's hard to get up and go to class knowing you won't be sitting in the seat next to me. I hate not being able to eat lunch with you and catch up on your day. Soon enough, we will be reunited for good, and I can't wait until then.