11 Christmas Movies To watch This Holiday Season

You can't deny that Christmas is the whole package.

19

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, Christmas season is in full swing, and I'm all about it. I am a firm believer of nothing "Christmas-related comes before Thanksgiving" but come November 25th, all Christmas everything is a-okay with me. My roommates and I have our house decked out in Christmas decor, a tree, lights, stockings the whole ordeal. I love to bake and Christmas gives me the best opportunities to make tasty treats. With hot cocoa and cider, you really can't deny that Christmas is the whole package. The love and light the Christmas holiday embraces even makes me, Halloween's number one fan, giggly and excited. But there is one thing that Christmas would not feel complete without and that is Christmas movies. I know we could all watch them all year but now we can fully indulge in these gems of films. This Christmas season, be sure to cuddle up in a room with your family and friends, cookies and cocoa (wine) in hand and lose yourself in these holiday classics.

1. Elf

This is one that I can remember going to the theater as a young child with my mother and that's part of the reason it'll also be special to me but I mean come on this movie can have you buckled over from laughing no matter how many times you watch it.

2. It's a Wonderful life.

There is just something comforting in the quote "everytime a bell rings an angel gets its wings."

3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

This movie will always be a Christmas staple if you ask me, it's just one that can never get old.

4. The Grinch.

Whether you chose the animated version for the one with Jim Carrey The Grinch is a wonderful Christmas movie that can give even the biggest scrooge some Christmas cheer.

5. A Christmas Story.

If there is a Christmas movie of all Christmas movies then to me this is it. My family watched this at least 2-3 times each Christmas day and I don't see any of us getting tired of it anytime soon, and I know deep down my dad wants the leg lamp.

6. Home Alone.

I do not believe that I have ever met anyone who hasn't watched the Home Alone movies. The are older than I am so to me they feel like they have been around forever.

7. The Santa Clause.

Looking back on my childhood I have to say for a long time this was my favorite Christmas movie and it will always hold a place in my heart. This film perfectly captured how Imagine the North Pole would be. If you have watched this film you can't deny that there it has its' own special kind of Christmas magic.

8. Bad Santa.

Sure this one isn't "family friendly" but put the kids to bed and crack out this film if you want a little crudeness an several hard laughs.

9. The Polar Express.

Another film that captures the childhood love and emotions of Christmas. No matter your age this is a film that can and will hit you right in the feels.

10. A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Simply stated there is nothing like any Peanut's special.

11. Frosty the Snowman.

This Christmas gives "happy birthday!" a whole new meaning, am I right? This movie fuels the imagination of all of us no matter our age.

There are tons of wonderful Christmas movies you can watch over the magical holiday but if you start with these then there is no way that you can go wrong.