101 Productive Things You Can Do Instead Of Posting Your Political Views On Social Media

While your political posts may be false, it's true that you could be doing way more productive things!

769
someoneecards.com

Do you find yourself losing the amount of "friends" you have online ironically after re-posting an extremely opinionated political meme?

Do you feel as though you can't help but express your views on political matters, such as presidential candidates, policies, or how every other political party besides your own doesn't know what they're talking about?

If you answered yes to one or both of these questions, never fear! We live in the "land of opportunity," where we have plenty of alternatives to better the quality of our lives none of which involve posting your political views on the internet.

Despite how relatable a political post you stumble upon may be to your own views, please keep in mind that only 20 percent of shareable Facebook posts are true or mostly true. Thus, before being so quick to share something with your friends that seemingly argues for your opinion, just know that the information you are preaching is more than likely false, and that your attempts to appear as a politically informed citizen are now invalid.

As believable as that meme may seem, Honest Abe did not actually say that. I know, shocking right? Just like Donald Trump did not actually tell People Magazine in 1998 that if he were to run for president, he'd run as a republican because "republicans are the dumbest voters in the country." Nor did Hilary Clinton actually say that if she becomes president, she'd ban handguns.

Regardless of what presidential candidate you are for or against, or what your views are on touchy subjects like gun control, same sex marriage/bathrooms, abortion, etc... most of the information you've posted on any of these subjects is probably false. Anyone who has an imagination and knows how to use the internet is capable of creating a completely asinine meme for others to believe to be true.

While most of your political posts are inaccurate, there are two absolute truths behind them: they are extremely annoying and they aren't going to sway the opinion/votes of your virtual friends.

Thus, instead of swamping your friends' newsfeed with inaccurate information, here are 101 productive things you could be doing instead!

1. Actually attend presidential candidate's rally

2. Listen to people who have opposing views and find understanding and acceptance in why they feel the way they do

3. Find volunteering opportunities

4. Call up an old friend you haven't spoke to in a while

5. Plan a vacation

6. Offer your assistance to someone who could use the extra help

7. Let people know why you appreciate them

8. Do something that forces you to challenge your fears

9. Explore all of the free parks your city has to offer

10. Learn a new recipe

11. Break a world record

12. Start a new workout plan

13. Attend a charity event

14. Explore Pinterest and find inspiration for crafting

15. Clear out your inbox

16. Take a trip down memory lane and go through old photos, yearbooks, and keepsakes

17. Visit your family

18. Wash your car

19. Have some of your most cherished photos printed and framed

20. Call your doctor and schedule your annual check-up

21. Get caught up on laundry

22. Take a walk

23. Purchase tickets to see your favorite artist in concert

24. Give your pet a bath

25. Organize your pantry and throw out any expired food

26. Attend a protest about an issue you're passionate about

27. Pull weeds that are taking over your garden

28. Find a cute coffee shop enjoy one of their signature drinks

29. Plan out your outfits for the rest of the week

30. Fill up your car with gas

31. Finally go try that new restaurant in town you've been talking about going to

32. Learn the lyrics to songs you love

33. Take a drive with no destination in mind

34. Try a new hairstyle

35. Volunteer at a soup kitchen

36. Look over your calendar and add any significant dates coming up

37. Test out all of your pens and throw out the ones that no longer have ink

38. Find a hidden treasure at a neighborhood yard sale or thrift store

39. Take out the garbage

40. Finally make that phone call you've been avoiding

41. Organize that junk drawer

42. Delete any apps on your phone that you never use and are only taking up space

43. Backup any important documents you have

44. Get your oil changed

45. Plant seedlings

46. Start on Christmas/birthday gifts in advance

47. Get lost in a book

48. Roll loose change you have laying around

49. Start a bucket list

50. Recycle or throw away all of that junk mail you have just laying around

51. Take part in a park-cleanup day

52. Surprise a loved one by baking their favorite dessert

53. Take a trip to a museum

54. Take a class for college credit or fun

55. Coach a sports team

56. Go hiking

57. Volunteer at a retirement home

58. Take part in your community garden

59. Treat yourself to a mani pedi

60. Watch a show on National Geographic or History Channel and learn something new while relaxing

61. Give a stranger a compliment

62. Go through your home and find the things that need maintenance

63. Organize a block party

64. Return roaming shopping carts to the corral

65. Learn more about your family tree

66. Rearrange a room in your home

67. Give dinner to a homeless person

68. Visit a festival or amusement park

69. Make the effort to get to know your neighbors

70. Enjoy a ballgame

71. Volunteer at an animal shelter

72. Rent a bike and explore your city on two wheels

73. Write about something you're passionate about

74. Throw away any loose litter you see

75. Refine a budget

76. Swallow your pride and say "I'm sorry"

77. Update the contacts in your cell-phone or email

78. Build a bird bath or feeder

79. Wash your bed sheets

80. Learn to knit or crochet

81. Visit your local library

82. Start working on a scrapbook and capture your most memorable moments in life

83. Match socks and throw out those whose match got "ate by the dryer"

84. Watch a "how to" video on Youtube

85. Take the initiative to actually do what the video taught you

86. Donate blood

87. Get rid of all of those expired coupons and clean out your purse or wallet

88. Donate items you no longer use to charity

89. Attend a play

90. Find a pen pal

91. Attend a special event your city is hosting

92. Share experiences with someone

93. Take a child to the park and play with them

94. Train for a marathon

95. Stock up on household items you need

96. Get your passport

97. Visit locally grown vegetable/fruit roadside stand

98. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and help give a family a place to call home

99. Donate canned goods you probably won't ever use

100. Hand-make a thoughtful gift for someone

101. Anything but post your political opinion online