10 Verses For The Person Struggling With Their Worth

My darlings, I hope and pray that you see the value you add to this world.

843
Personal

Hello lovely, lovely people,

I hope you all are experiencing a wonderful week!!! If we lived in a perfect world, I would imagine each and every one of us would be happy, smiling faces, but let's be honest that just doesn't happen, right? In reality, we are all feeling an array of emotions. Some of us may even feel worthless, inadequate, or unlovable. Right now, I am writing to you all, because with those feelings also comes a feeling of loneliness, and the last thing I want is you feeling that you are alone. Because, you are not. Throughout this year, I have been battling these emotions, and the Devil keeps inserting doubt into my mind; which I am sure, many of you maybe be trying to fight off, too. It seems that no matter how many times I yell, "Not today, Satan." , he does not get my drift, and still tries to attack me with things he knows will kill my self-esteem. So, throughout the year, I have been writing down encouraging verses that remind me that I am valuable because I am a Child of God. And guess what...the same applies to each and every one of us!!! How AMAZING is that??? So, if you need some encouragement, turn to the Truth of His Word, and ward off the negativity of the Devil.

1. Genesis 1:27

"So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them." (NIV)

The magnitude of this verse is intense. When you read it, it seems simple and to the point, but in reality, it carries major significance. This verse tells us that we, you, myself, your mother, your grandfather, your best friend, every last person in every last nation of this entire planet is made in GOD'S image! That. Is. Powerful. Personally, that is the second best gift He has granted me, right after Him giving His one and only Son for us. Through this verse, He tells me, "I love you so incredibly much that I am going to design you and all the other people around you in my image while allowing you all to still carry different, unique qualities that I have." So, how dare we disrespect ourselves? Because if we are disrespecting ourselves, then we are disrespecting the one who loves us unlike any other.

2. 1 Peter 2:4

"As you come to Him, the Living Stone - rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to Him." (NIV)

This verse is so uplifting, in that, it simply reminds us that no matter how rejected we are or despite how others make us feel, we will always be precious and chosen in the eyes of our Lord and Savior.

3. 1 Corinthians 16:14

"Let all that you do be done in love." (ESV)

When we feel unworthy, it is easy to feel unlovable. After that breakup, that spat with your spouse, or that horrible fight with your parents, it is easy to leave the situation feeling down in the dumps, telling yourself that you are not going to be fully loved by anyone in this lifetime. But here are two things: 1. The Lord already loves you abundantly in this lifetime! 2. Sometimes it is hard to feel loved until we pour out love ourselves. We might have to be a catalyst for the environment around us, and not only will that lift others, it will lift us and our feeling of worth.

4. Hebrews 13:5

"For God has said, 'I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.'" (NLT)

Nothing makes me feel worthier than someone being in my corner. Lucky for us, we have someone in our corner at all times when Christ is involved! He makes these insane promises to us; they seem so unbelievable, but I think when we are in a state of unworthiness, it is easy for us to humanize God a little too much. By doing so, we start to believe that He will not keep these amazing commitments that He has promised us because we think He will act like a human. Of course, it would be silly for someone to promise, "I will never fail you." because they are going to fail you, but that is because they are HUMAN. But a promise like that, from the God who holds the universe in His hand? You will never be disappointed.

5. Ephesians 2:19-22

"Whenever you feel unloved, unimportant, or insecure, remember to whom you belong."

The world can be tough. There are people who have purely their interests at heart, and when you come into personal contact with people like that, it can start wearing down at your well-being and worth. I have stressed this quite a bit already, but just to be safe, you are valuable solely because you belong to the Lord. Our individual identities are 100% in the Lord, and once we see that, words may hurt, but they will be counteracted with an intense and undeniable love that knocks out their power. Remember to whom you belong, because once you do, the world will seem so much lighter.

6. 1 Peter 3:3-4

"Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God." (NLT)

When we question our worth, it is easy to get focused on the mirror. If we do not feel that we contribute anywhere emotionally, occupationally, educationally, or spiritually, we turn to the physical. You try to impress people with your outward appearance, instead of showing others the uniquely designed gift from God you really are. And that is what you are, you are a gift to this world. Now, I am not saying that we are not allowed to be well dressed and presentable, but we should not let it consume us so much, purely to impress others, that it clouds our thought on what we should focus and highlight. Because if we do somehow find our worth in the physical, it will eventually fall through. We will be right back to square one, laying on the floor, crying our eyes out, not being able to remember the last time we truly felt worth it, simply because we put all of our faith in something that deteriorates, instead of putting that faith in the Lord and the soul that He crafted specifically for us, which will never fade.

7. Psalm 139:14

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." (NIV)

This verse was VITAL to regaining my worth in Christ. I was reminded of this verse by a dear mentor of mine when I was at one of my lowest points in my rollercoaster of worth, and honestly, it was this combination of words that kept me afloat. It was meditating day and night on this verse, reminding myself that I am worthy of being loved, I am worthy of being respected, and I am worthy of being appreciated simply because "I am fearfully and wonderfully made". And that I am so by the glorious hands of God Himself. And YOU are too!!! So, meditate on this day in and day out, reminding yourself just how worthy you are!

8. Ecclesiastes 4:4

"And I saw that all toil and all achievement spring from one person's envy of another. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind." (NIV)

This is not necessarily biblical, but it is common sense. Comparing yourself to others is not going to raise your worth. Whether you feel like you are better or worse, it will not and will never benefit you to compare yourself to those around you. Now to bring Jesus back into it, it says it right there, in Ecclesiastes, that it is like "a chasing after the wind". God designed us all extremely different for a specific purpose, but He also designed us with an equal weight. He did not create Sally to be better than Tina or for Tina to be better than Jim. He created us with the same amount of love and intentionality, therefore making us all equal here on Earth. I want you to think about someone that you wish you were, whether that is a classmate, coworker, or a celebrity. Now, think of all the good in your life that you would have to give up to be that person. I do not know about you, but when I think of it that way, I am immediately turned away from the idea. I could not bear to give up my family, friends, and environment just to be someone the Lord did not intend me to be. So, as hard as it is sometimes, embrace the wonderful person you are simply because God created you that way.

9. Colossians 3:23

"Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men." (Closest NLV)

For a majority of us, we have a tendency to feel unworthy of our work. Whether that is pertaining to our education, job, occupation, or organization, some of us are bound to feel inadequate. It is easy to get caught up in what our boss, coworkers, or customers say or think; it is natural. But if we focus our heart and mind on doing our work for the Lord, then we will feel so much more confident in our field. If we work to please the man (man understood as human), then we will always feel like we do not measure up, but if we work for the Lord, we will be fulfilled and capable.

10. Romans 5:8

"But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." (NLT)

Okay, so here it is. Maybe the first nine verses did not speak or relate to you, but I have a feeling that this one will. Our God, the one who thought and then brought us into creation, sent His one and only Son for YOU. He sent His Son to DIE for your sins, and Jesus willingly allowed His life to be taken, so you can have free will, so you can be free from burdens, so you can escape the heavy weight of the world, so you can have eternal life. This is the gift of all gifts, and each and every one of us has the choice to open it, explore it, and embrace it with our whole lives and our whole hearts. WOW! God is so good, and HE has made us valuable.

My darlings, I hope and pray that you see the value you add to this world. Our Lord and Savior found us so worthy, even at our darkest, lowest, scariest, and unspeakable times in life, that He gave His life for us. And then we are reminded, time and time again, throughout His Word that we are deeply and unconditionally loved despite the worlds or even our own opinion. Sometimes, it is hard to wrap our heads around, but just remember to whom you belong. Now, go out, and spread some love into this world!

With blessing,

Ash