7 Truths I'm Taking With Me From 2019

7 Truths I'm Taking With Me From 2019

This year was definitely a year filled with growth and here's what I learned.

24
7 Truths I'm Taking With Me From 2019

For me, 2019 honestly felt like several different years, and looking back, I am surprised that so much happened in one year. I feel like 2019 shaped me into so many different versions of myself. I have been through so many stages. 2019 taught me a lot and for that I am thankful.

7. "You don't have to act the way you feel."

This rang so true for me in 2019 because I am a very emotional person. But, thankfully, what I have come to learn is that just because I feel a certain way in a moment doesn't mean I have to act on them. Emotions are fleeting.

6. "You don't need anyone else's permission to believe in and trust in who you are."

Woah. One day I realized I was constantly looking for others' validation in what I want to believe, and I could never trust in myself. There is so much freedom in slowly learning to trust myself.

5. "Not everyone who acts like your friend really is your friend."

Some people are just nice. It is what it is.

4. "Your pain matters."

One of the biggest blessings is understanding that my pain matters regardless of what other people think. If you have deep-rooted pain, you have a right to mourn and work through it.

3. "Anything worth having won't always be easy."

Whatever it may be, a degree or relationship, sometimes it takes sacrifice, and it's hard. The things that are truly worth having aren't easy; it takes effort and time.

2. "You have a right to choose what you believe."

I know we are raised one way and sometimes expected to live that way, but we don't have to. We have every right to choose something different if we want to.

1. "You have a right to a fulfilling life."

This has had the most significant impact on my life in 2019. I lived in a dark place for a long time. One day my sweet counselor spoke the words over me that I do have a right to a fulfilling life. Ever since I continuously remind myself that I can have a fulfilling life.

Man, oh man, was 2019 a year. It was filled with highs, lows, and everything in between. However, I am so so thankful for it. 2019 was a year of growth and the turning point for me living a fulfilling life. Leaving 2019 is departing from something comfortable. But I am excited to take that step outside of comfort and into a new decade.