10 Times One Tree Hill Healed My Soul

10 Times One Tree Hill Healed My Soul

How the greatest show ever created made me feel like I was a part of something bigger.

9388
10 Times One Tree Hill Healed My Soul
The CW

SPOILER WARNING: This article contains spoilers for "One Tree Hill."

Love triangles. Siblings. Parenting. Basketball. Friendship. Music. Love. Loss.

The WB's (soon named CW shortly after) hit show "One Tree Hill" has a little bit of something for everyone to relate to. Written originally as a movie titled "An Unkindness of Ravens," the saucy, dramatic teen drama was launched its pilot in September of 2003. Centered around two half-brothers constantly fighting for their own share of the spotlight, the show went through many phases and always seemed to know exactly what the audience needed. In 9 seasons, the show managed to create a world that anyone who has witnessed it would love to be a part of.

Here are 10 times that this show spoke to me on a level that no other show has:

1. The pilot, obviously.

Arguably the best pilot of any TV show ever created. Lucas, Nathan, and the river court. Peyton almost hitting Lucas with her car, and not to mention the introduction of Gavin DeGraw's "I Don't Wanna Be." OTH fans will forever remember that sunset and Lucas dribbling his old, weathered ball with his Keith Scott Body Shop sweatshirt on his back.

2. Lucas letting Brooke into his world.

"You're going to change the world, Brooke Davis." Honestly, I think there was a part of all of us that thought/hoped that Lucas and Brooke would end up together. He pushed her to see that she was more than the cheerleader and that she was strong, independent, and capable of doing anything she set her mind to.

3. Douchebag Nathan becoming the good guy.

Episode 1 Nathan Scott was the worst thing ever. He was a cocky, spoiled brat that took advantage of the people around him to cope with the fact that his home life was terrible. Haley brought out a side of him that the world fell in love with. They had their struggles *cough* Kris Keller *cough* but Nathan ended up being a great husband and father because she never stopped believing in him.

4. Keith loving Karen, but waiting his turn.

Everyone loves Uncle Keith. Lucas was never ashamed to have the 'Scott' name because he knew that Keith was someone special. Keith and Karen were always meant to be together, and the fact that he waited and was the friend she needed all those years shows exactly the kind of guy he was.

5. Mouth and Brooke's friendship.

I think that this is one of the most important relationships in the show and one that they got perfectly right. This friendship should never have worked, but it did because Mouth was just that kind of guy. Brooke wasn't used to having a guy treat her like the most important thing in the world, and Mouth always did just that. When he finally jumped off the roof of the house and walked over and kissed her, I think everyone threw their hands in the air!

6. Nathan getting away from Dan.

Obviously the most toxic relationship in the show, Nathan could never truly be himself until he got away from his father. After running away and marrying Haley, Nathan could finally be free. His attitude both in life and on the court completely changed and he was able to reach new heights, finally being out from under Dan Scott.

7. Jimmy Edwards

This one was tough. I think everyone carries this episode around with them, as it is one of the most daring episodes of television I have ever seen. Jimmy Edwards was a character that was too real to a lot of us, knowing that this kind of thing really happens out there. This was the day that "One Tree Hill" changed forever, and the characters never forgot it.

8. Lucas Finally Knowing What He Wanted

Forgetting the way this episode ended, this moment was perfect. Lucas had retribution from missing the shot the year before and now, when all his dreams came true, he knew that Peyton was the one that was supposed to be standing next to him. You couldn't ask for a better love story, and although they dealt with many trials after this, this was the moment you knew it was Lucas and Peyton forever.

9. Clay, Quinn and Logan

As you can probably tell, I prefer the earlier seasons of the show as I believe there was a lot more character development, but there were plenty of good moments in the latter seasons as well. I wasn't sure how to feel about Clay at first, but Quinn (the goddess of the Earth) made this storyline perfect. Logan calling Quinn "mom" after they got married made everyone cry, and this moment made me feel the old "One Tree Hill" feels again for sure.

10. "One Day, You're 17 And Planning For Someday..."

This quote was my senior yearbook quote, and probably the quote that is stuck in the back of my head every day of my life. Seeing Nathan grow and become the man and father he did taught me to appreciate and cherish every day I have with the ones I love. The ending of the show was the perfect closure that the fans craved and witnessing that Tree Hill will always be their home makes me strive for that in my own life.

"One Tree Hill" is more than a TV show. It is a living, active entity that fans use to get the inspiration and realness they need in their lives. The relationships and trials the characters experience have taught me a lot in my life, and I hope that I can do something with my life that means that much to someone else. #OTH4L