Relatable Quotes from 'One Tree Hill'

Relatable Quotes from 'One Tree Hill'

This show has gotten me through a lot, I can only hope the same for you all.

1076
Relatable Quotes from 'One Tree Hill'
Christian Post

If you have a Netflix account and you haven’t watched "One Tree Hill" at least one or two times then you’re doing something wrong. This show makes me wish that I was a teenager in the early 2000s so I could have been a die hard fan from the beginning. Instead I was in elementary school not yet understanding all of the struggles and hardships that these people have gone through for nine seasons. Now that I’m older and I’ve watched the entire series countless times I have found myself in an understanding with each character and all that they have gone through. I never once found myself relating to one single character, I found myself relating to their issues and what it was that they were going through. To be completely honest with you, it made me feel like I wasn’t alone, and even if it is just a TV show, it has gotten me through a lot.

If you haven’t watched any of OTH, then I guess I’m sorry for all the upcoming spoilers. But these are some of the best quotes that needed to be shared.

1. "I wanted you to fight for me. I wanted you to say there was no one else you could ever be with and that you would rather be alone then without me.”—Brooke Davis

This quote will forever be my favorite. Said none other than by Queen Brooke Davis. I know for a fact that this exact quote has gotten me through a lot. All Brooke wanted was to be wanted back, and to be loved by the boy that she loved more than anything. She wanted to feel good enough, she wanted to feel secured in her relationship, what she really wanted was for Lucas to fight for her. I feel like anyone can relate to this, everyone wants that absolution in their relationship, everyone wants to feel safe with their loved one. If it doesn’t work out then they aren’t the one, but everyone deserves a chance to be fought for.

2. “We’re all crazy, some of us just hide it better than others”—Nathan Scott

This. Yes, thank you Nathan Scott, thank you. This is for anyone who is ever going through hard time and feeling like they’re alone. You are not alone, everyone is their own version of crazy, and if you don’t show it as well as others that is more than okay, too. Everyone expresses their emotions differently and that is what I love so much about this show. Everyone has their moments, everyone has their secrets, and their scandals, but they deal with it in their own way, with of course the support from their loved ones.

3. “Life’s too short to play games. If you love somebody and you want to be with them, then go get them. Deal with the mess later. We don’t know what tomorrow will bring.”—Haley James Scott

There have never been truer words when it comes to this series, especially since none of them ever know what will come the next day, seeing that they deal with curve balls every five minutes. Car crashes, deadbeat fathers, absent parents, and my personal favorite crazy nannies. There are going to be problems every single day, but you shouldn’t add not telling someone how you truly feel to that list. Remember that you are deserving of love, and once you know that, you will get it.

4. “I don’t think you ever realize how much you love something until you have to give it up.”—Haley James Scott

I could listen to Haley speak forever because she really knows what she’s talking about. For someone who went out and followed her dreams of becoming a rock star, she certainly gave up a lot for the man that she loved. But you know what? She was OK with it, because to her, Nathan was enough. As much as she loved her music she knew that Nathan would always be more important. I agree with Haley on so many things, yes she followed her dreams, but she turned down on her dreams for Nathan. I mean at least for me personally, if the man that I loved gave me an ultimatum and told me it was either to follow my dream or him, I would do what Haley did and follow my dreams, no matter what the consequences were. Of course in the end they worked out all of their differences because they’re Nathan and Haley.

5. “Zero is not a size” — Clothes Over Bros / Brooke Davis

Did I mention that Brooke Davis is a literal queen? I’m not going to lie to you and say she does no wrong — because let's face it we all hated her at some point (I’m sorry but I was Team Peyton throughout the entire love triangle). But when it comes to her fashion line, she was so dedicated and strong and will-powered, she went above and beyond to make everyone feel beautiful. So thank you Brooke, for reminding me that zero is not a size and my weight does not define who I am as a person.

6. "Imagine a future moment in your life where all your dreams come true. You know, it's the greatest moment of your life and you get to experience it with one person. Who's standing next to you?” —Peyton Sawyer

7. “Sometimes people have to cry out all their tears to make room for a heart full of smiles.” — Jamie Scott

Okay, whenever I have my first child I’m going to need him or her to be exactly like baby Jamie Scott. Not only is he the cutest tiny human in "One Tree Hill," but for a little kid he has a lot of insight and some true words that really make sense to us all. What I think that Jamie was trying to say was that its OK to be sad, cry it out, show your emotions and don’t hold back, because in the end, good things are coming your way. Everyone has their moments when they’re sad or confused or lonely. Once you let those feelings out everything will feel right with the world and good things will surely be coming your way.

8. “That's what I’m afraid of, not being enough, not good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough.” — Brooke Davis

I don’t know about the rest of you but I know for a fact that I have felt this way about myself countless times. I’ve always felt like I was never good enough, never smart enough, and especially never pretty enough. It wasn’t until recently that I cut all of that negativity out of my life and told myself that I am enough. I shouldn’t have to prove that to anyone other than myself, its taken me a long way to even feel this way about myself, and I hope that for anyone that is going through this will one day look in the mirror and say back to themselves that they are enough. Because you are, you all are.

9. “Life kicks you around sometimes, it scares you and it beats you up, but there’s a day when you realize that you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior. You’re tougher than anything it throws your way.” — Brooke Davis

I think this one speaks for itself.

This last quote is for all of you who have that very special best friend, that one friend that you literally cannot live without. The Brooke to your Peyton.

10. “Hey, when I think of everyone else out there in the world, that goes through their life alone, and then I think of all of amazing years I got to spend with my beautiful best friend Brooke Davis, I kind of feel sorry for everyone else.” — Peyton Sawyer

OK, these girls have gone through hell and back and they still managed to find a way to put it all behind them. I was for sure convinced that they would have stopped being friends after their little love triangle with Lucas. But that just goes to show you how strong best friends can really be. My best friend is my Brooke, we have been through just about anything you could ever imagine but I wouldn’t trade her for anything in this world. Everyone deserves a friendship like the one that Brooke and Peyton have.