10 Thoughts That Go Through Your Head During Hot Yoga

There's a first time for everything.

173

While I may be a little behind jumping on the hot yoga bandwagon, I can honestly say better late than never. This past week, I took my first ever hot yoga class with my friend's mom, and I'm so happy that I did. For the longest time, it's been one of those things that I'd been wanting to try but just hadn't got around to, so when the opportunity presented itself, I jumped on it. I of course had expectations of what this one-hour sweat-sesh would be like; many of these were fulfilled, and others exceeded (for better or worse, I'm not entirely sure). Despite some of the thoughts that went through my head during my trial run, I can definitely say that I came out of that sauna feeling much better about myself.

1. Oh my god, it's like a tropical rainforest in here.

When you open the door and that hot, humid air first hits you, it's a bit shocking. You start to wonder what you've gotten yourself into.

2. Why does everyone have a towel on their mat?

"Nobody had those in my regular yoga class." Don't worry, you'll soon realize their importance.

3. I'm already sweating.

By the time you start your first downward dog, the sweat is dripping into your eyes, nose and ears. It'll burn, but just offer it up.

4. How is she doing that?

Your yoga instructor has now contorted her body into some "posture" you've never heard of, and you don't see how that could be humanly possible.

5. Why are all of these moms stronger and more flexible than me?

While all the moms around you are flaunting their flawless headstands like it's nbd, you're struggling to touch your toes. This is officially your motivation to get into shape so that you, too, can someday become a cool, fit mom.

6. Get me a block.

At this point, you'll take any assistance you can get. No shame.

7. I didn't even know that part of me could sweat.

Even your shins are dripping, along with every other body part imaginable.

8. Oh, god. I'm going down.

As if the poses aren't hard enough to begin with, factor in the full-body sweat, and any chance of getting a good grip or finding your balance goes out the window. Time for that towel.

9. I could lie here for ever.

After all the bending and twisting and falling you endured today, it's finally time to lay down on your mat and take all the deep breaths you want. You did a great thing for your body today. You deserve this.

10. I feel amazing.

Even though this experience had its ups and downs, the feeling you have after walking out of that hot room and into the air conditioning is one unlike any other, and it'll definitely leave you wanting to come back for more.