10 Things That Happen On The First Warm Day On Campus

We're feeling good when it's sunny and 75.

10
Arch 130A

Spring hit Penn State just a little early, to be exact it hit in late February. Trust me, I love the warm weather, but I won't be loving it next week when it is 30 degrees and parka season once again. It is interesting how the first warm day in February can bring out more people than when it was warm in August or September. However, we can all see the signs of it being warm simply by just looking around.

1. Girls in crop tops.

I know it's warm but I don't feel right wearing a crop top to class... in February... in Pennsylvania. Enough said.

2. Girls in booty shorts.

Warm February weather calls for booty shorts all day!

3. Everyone is a runner.

Suddenly everyone is now a long distance outdoor runner. It is amazing to see all of the runners outdoors getting their spring break bodies ready. It is also quite motivating for the rest of us.

4.The HUB lawn might as well be a concert venue.

The HUB lawn might as well be hosting a free outdoor concert today. I have never seen so many people on it in my entire life.

5. A surplus of iced drinks.

Yes, the line is still long and slow at Starbucks, but everyone changes their drink order to iced. Ironic when peppermint is still being advertised as the flavor of the month.

6. Seeing all 40,000 students in one day.

Everyone is out and all 40,000 students have made an appearance on campus today.

7. Everyone is nice.

People are holding doors and smiling. This weather puts everyone in a good mood, which is something we could all get used to.

8. Outdoor enthusiasts.

Enos, and hikers are in their glory.

9. Flip Flops are everywhere.

It still blows my mind and doesn't feel right but I guess it is acceptable to wear flip flops right now.

10. The puppies are out to play.

The student body has seen so many puppies with all of this warm weather and it makes the day ten times better!