10 Things Every Alabama Student Sees On The UA Quad Every Single Day

The quad is truly a magical place with so much happening.

420
visittuscaloosa / Flickr

The University of Alabama quad is a staple part of campus that everyone has come to know and recognize. If you go here, you know that the quad is where all the wonderful tailgates happen, and where you can find hundreds of students sprawled out on a sunny day.

Here are just a few more things you'll get to see if you take a step onto this iconic section of campus.

1. Denny Chimes

Denny Chimes is one of the most recognized parts of this beautiful campus. It's impossible to walk on the quad and not have to stop and look/listen to this staple landmark. This is where you'll see people gathered to meet each other, children running around putting their hands in the cement handprints, and many pictures being taken. Campus just wouldn't be the same without it.

2. Tours

It's hard to approach the quad on a Spring day and not see at least one tour happening. Filled with eager high school kids/parents and their not-so-excited siblings, the quad can be a beautiful reminder that there are so many people interested in your beautiful school. Sometimes I even try to join these tours and learn things about the school I never knew.

3. Dogs

Easily, one of the best parts of being on the quad is seeing all the wonderful dogs running around. And nothing beats seeing two dogs begin as strangers and begin playing with each other. Sometimes a dog is everything we need after a rough day.

4. Napping

On a warm day, the quad provides one of the greatest places to nap. With so many spots to choose from, this is one of the ideal places for that between class nap and maybe even a picnic.

5. People Trying To Get Your Money

It's hard to be on the quad for more than half an hour without someone trying to sell you something or something being offered to you. If I could, I would donate to every organization possible, but for now, I'm just trying to have enough money to get through lunch this week.

6. Classes

Though I have not had a class outside yet, there have been many occasions where I see a class discussion occurring on the quad. Anything to keep students interested, right?!

7. Squirrels

The quad squirrels are definitely their own species. Never before have I seen squirrels that aren't afraid to get an inch away from you without running away. And the morning squirrels are DEFINITELY different than the afternoon ones! Ask any student during football season how different the squirrels are.

8. Children

If you pass through the quad on any day with reasonable temperature, you're bound to see children running around playing games or just screaming. And if you're around during a holiday season, be ready for the swarms of kids everywhere.

9. People Doing Homework

You can always see copious amounts of homework being done on the quad. Whether it's studying, writing an essay, or doing busy work, something is always being done outside. Although, this does usually result in a nap break at some point.

10. Sunsets

There's really nothing quite like an Alabama sunset, and getting to see this beauty from the quad is a wonderful sight. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this beautiful sky.

Well, there you have it. Ten things you're bound to see on the landmark quad at the University of Alabama.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll see some other (interesting) things, but for now, expect to see these if you plan on attending this amazing school!