1. Do one thing every day that makes you smile.
Eat a piece of pizza, take a walk, or just do anything that makes you smile at least once a day. Your mental health is important.
It is proven that exercising lifts your mood.
I get it, working out can kind of suck but it doesn't have to!Find an activity that you enjoy, like yoga, hiking, playing tennis, and make it a fun activity that you do everyday or even a few times every week. Trust me, your body and mind will thank you later for getting out and being active.
3. Don't overdo it.
I am the kind of person who gets very over-involved and that is the #1 thing that has made me unhappy in the past. Don’t waste away the present being so consumed with preparing for your future.
Just the simple act of smiling really boosts your mood and makes you feel appreciative.
5. Be generous.Being generous with your time and even your money can make you happy instantaneously. Maybe give the 20 cents to Target when they ask if you want to donate, go volunteer at an Elderly home or even just take the extra 10 seconds to hold the door for the person behind you. It really feels great to do something good for someone else.
6. Surround yourself with positive people.
If you are constantly around people who make you doubt yourself or put you down it will show in the way you live your life. Remember: it is better to be alone than to be surrounded by bad company.
7. Quit being so concerned with how you look.
I get it, we want to look good and we want to take care of ourselves. Those things are great and I highly recommend taking care of your health, but don’t obsess over superficial things. The number one thing that makes me unhappy is stressing over my weight. I am constantly freaking out that I am going to get bigger than a size 2 and that is unhealthy for my mind. Make sure that you are healthy and living well and that is all that matters.
8. Talk about your feelings; don't let them accumulate.
If you feel like crying one night, then do it! Keeping your emotions held up inside will just lead to a huge snowball of feelings that will make you feel burdened and upset.
9. Quit stressing about things outside of your control.
10. Be appreciative.
Show more gratitude for who and what you have been given. Remember, everything happens for a reason so make the most of each opportunity you have.