10 Simple Moments That Make Us Happy

10 Simple Moments That Make Us Happy

Things that make all the bad stuff worth it.
309

Don’t forget to put yourself first sometimes. It’s easy to get caught up in all of the negative moments in life, but if you actually look around, you might realize that everything is actually pretty freaking awesome.

1. Swimming in a pool after it rains.

After a cold, humid day, the last thing anyone would want to do is take a dip in the pool. But it’s actually the perfect time to do so. It’s like a giant hot tub. There’s no wind, complete silence, and pure happiness.

2. Making a stranger laugh.

We’ve all been there — going to a friend’s house, party, or social event where you know only one or two people. That “awkward” feeling sets in — until you crack just one good joke, and all of a sudden everyone is talking like friends.

3. Making silly faces at children.

I get that we all have busy lives, and sometimes don’t realize cute moments waiting to happen. If I’m having a bad day, smiling at a little kid always makes it better. Their reaction is what makes it worth it. They’ll giggle and smile, and it makes you realize that whatever you’re worried about, isn’t as daunting as you thought it was.

4. A warm shower on a winter day.

Chills, shivers, and goosebumps all seem to fade away when you take that first step into a comforting blanket of warmth. It’s as if nothing else matters for a minute or two. Pure euphoria, I’d say.

5. Getting over a bad cold.

You don’t realize how awesome it is to breathe out of your nose until you’re a stuffy mess, curled up in bed, and covered in tissues. You realize that you shouldn’t take little things like your health for granted, because some people never get over that “sick” feeling.

6. Falling into a deep sleep after a long day.

This one is pretty self-explanatory. Everything feels so cozy and warm, as if you’re sleeping in your bed for the first time. There’s no restless thoughts, and you’re not too hot or cold. Even your dreams seem to be relaxing.

7. Finding what you need at the perfect moment.

Like that time when you needed a tampon, and there was one sitting on the sink at school. Or when you found a hair tie on the floor right before gym. (Sounds gross, but people get desperate. Can’t risk that bad grade.) It’s that pure second of bliss, almost like some fairy god-parent just granted you exactly what you had been asking for.

8. Having an amazing makeup day.

It seems like you’re makeup couldn’t have glided on more flawlessly. The under-eye circles seemed to have disappeared, almost like you’re glowing. That one moment when you can look in the mirror and don’t have to wince at what you see. (Even though you shouldn’t in the first place.)

9. Actually finishing a book (and enjoying it).

Let’s face it — we don’t always take the time to educate ourselves a little by reading a good book. But when we do, isn’t it a great feeling to know it’s yet another thing to check of our seemingly-endless bucket list?

10. Finishing a hard workout.

Whether it was intentional or not, you finished it. That means you’re getting stronger — congratulations! Not everyone can say they did what you do. It’s good to feel like you’re progressing when it comes to your health.