10 Post-Finals Relaxation Methods

10 Post-Finals Relaxation Methods

Relax means to make or become less tense or anxious. After being anxious during the finals week, here are 10 ways to relax and enjoy yourself.

137
The Huffington Post

Now that many college students are finishing up the most stressful week of the semester, finals week, and making their drives or flights back to their hometown, they probably want to relax in every way they can! Here are 10 ways a college student can relax after finishing the week of hell.

1. Treat yourself to a spa day!

Spend the money to get a manicure and pedicure, a nice hour-long massage, or even that facial you've always wanted to experience.

2. Read a leisure book!

Go to the nearest coffee shop or quiet area of your choice and read a book for your pleasure instead of one for a class.

3. Watch your favorite holiday movies!

Make yourself a glass of hot cocoa and cuddle under a cozy blanket and watch your favorite holiday movie such as, "Elf".

4. Sleep for an unusual amount of time.

Nobody will judge you if you sleep from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. -- just blame it on your crazy sleeping schedule from the week before.

5. Re-organize your room.

Everyone takes at least half their closet home for the holidays, so might as well spend a little time re-organizing your room instead of living with clutter and stress for the next month.

6. Work out or go for a run!

Not everyone’s ideal relaxation is working out or going for a run, but it’s definitely a stress reliever for those who may need it.

7. Retail therapy!

Everyone has at least one present they need to buy for their Secret Santa this year, so might as well do some retail therapy and reward yourself for finishing the semester strong.

8. Eat your favorite meal!

During finals you may have had to get by with eating macaroni and cheese every day because you ran out of money on your meal plan, but now that you’re home, take advantage of that fully stocked pantry and fridge and make yourself your favorite meal!

9. Do something that takes your mind off of things!

Whether your idea for taking your mind off things is painting, writing, playing a video game, or listening to music; whatever it is that makes you forget about that last final your professor still hasn’t graded, is a great relaxation method.

10. Hang out with friends!

We all know there are some friends you haven’t seen in a while because you’ve been away at college, so spend a day with them and tell them all the crazy stories you have from the semester before.