10 Reasons Why I Love Michelle Obama

10 Reasons Why I Love Michelle Obama

Dear Mrs. Obama, thank you.

1683
10 Reasons Why I Love Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama’s time in the White House is unfortunately coming to an end. Eight years ago, we met, and slowly learned about, Michelle, Malia and Sasha during President Obama’s run for office. Unfortunately for us, presidents can only serve for two terms, and not three. So while the Obamas are still in office, here are 10 things I love about Michelle Obama!

1. The look that started it all

At the inauguration in 2009, the world fell in love with Michelle as she stood in her white, one shoulder dress which showed off her arms. The look served as an inspiration to women everywhere to start going to the gym in hopes of getting toned arms like hers.

2. Her values

After Barack won the presidency in 2008, we learned more about the way they were raising their daughters. They were raising them, with the help of Michelle’s mom to live normal lives while in the White House. The Obamas are one of the only families in White House history who hasn't had a single scandal while the president was in office.

3. Education

Growing up on the south side of Chicago to two hard working parents, the Princeton graduate instilled the value of a good education to her children. After hearing that Michelle graduated from not only Princeton, but also Harvard made me want to work hard.

4. Her daughters

We've watched Sasha and Malia grow up before our eyes. From the little girls who wanted a dog, to young women who are the same heights as their parents, Sasha and Malia have become beautiful ladies. I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.

5. The next generation

Michelle proved that she wasn’t going to just be another pretty face while her husband is the leader of the free world -- she was going to do something. Michelle’s first project was to find out a way to help end childhood obesity. That project was called, “Let's Move!” and ensured every meal had a fruit and vegetable, children got out of the house and played and healthier food choices were available to children. Michelle also has two other projects, one called “Joining Forces”, which she teamed up with Dr. Jill Biden, which is a way to support servicemen and women as well as veterans and their families to help them succeed. The other, “Reach Higher,” is a way to support kids getting a higher degree after high school.

6. Her love of music

The first lady loves music and is a great guest on many talk shows. The best are, “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon” where she showed off the evolution mom dancing and her "Carpool Karaoke" with James Corden on his talk show. Not only does Mrs. Obama go on talk shows, but she also raps about the importance of continuing your education after high school.

7. Her speeches

She is probably the only person who can call out Donald Trump without saying his name while keeping her composure. Michelle Obama did just that at the commencement ceremony of City College of New York. She not only calls out a person who would be a terrible president, but she also speaks about childhood obesity, the importance of getting a higher education and the importance of having a good education. She is not a First Lady who stays quiet about what she believes in, she uses her voice and makes sure it gets heard.

8. Holiday specials

Growing up, I've never been a fan of any of the holiday specials, however as soon as the Obamas took office, I watched every special just to see them. The Obamas have turned every Easter Egg Roll and Christmas at the White House into a who's who of everyone in the entertainment world. It will be hard to top their specials.

9. Style

She has been compared to Jackie O, however Michelle Obama is a style icon in her own right. Every outfit worn sends the media into a panic to find out the designer of the coveted pieces, which then either sell out, or the price increases due to high demand. She has changed the way moms dress and has made mom jeans look cool.

10. Her love for Barack

Barack and Michelle are the epitome of relationship goals. From dancing to a rendition of Etta James’, “At Last” at the 2009 inauguration to the way they look at each other, the love Barack and Michelle have for each other is spectacular. Their love for each other is so grand, they even have a movie coming out about their relationship. The movie, “Southside With You” is about their first date and will be out on August 26, 2016.

On behalf of every little girl who didn't think it was possible, I want to say thank you, Michelle, for everything. You have showed that it is possible to get out of the hood and to live a great life.