How Cigars Can Save You From Living A Boring Life

881

Quality of People

The type of people who traditionally smoke cigars are the elite and successful. People I'd like to associate myself with and you should too. Right now they might not be much more than a business or pre-med major, but in 20 years it won't hurt to have known them.

(JFK)

Better sleep

Smoking a cigar before a well deserved night of sleep is a great way to wake up feeling worth a lot more than when you went to bed. My roommates and I smoke cigars at 10 pm every Tuesday night and I wake up every Wednesday morning after the best night of sleep all week. This isn't just due to the cigar itself but the act of smoking it surrounded by like minded individuals. After shooting the shit and talking about literally everything that interest or frustrates us for an hour or two you can sleep soundly.

(Mark Cuban)

Gets Business done

Every Tuesday me and my roommates smoke cigars. While we shoot the shit we think through some solid business plans too. This isn't isolated to us, you see cigars at big meetings in television and movies for a reason. Cigar smoking, great ideas, million dollar deals, and success are all related for one reason or another.

Social Discussions

Not gossip. Not complaining. We're talking actually conversation when you're smoking a cigar around like-minded people. Anything and everything from politics to just shootin' the shit. The best conversations are done over a cigar. After an hour of this high quality of conversation you feel as relaxed as ever.

Drink Less

Cigar smoking is commonly seen paired with a glass of whiskey. What most people don't actually know is you drink less when you're smoking a cigar. This could be a good or bad thing depending on how you view your current drinking habits, but cigars won't stop you from enjoying a nice glass of whiskey. People take advantage of this by drinking nicer whiskey and actually enjoying it.

Superiority

Cigars have been symbols of power for centuries. Fidel Castro didn't rule Cuba with a joint in his mouth. There's a reason we have a certain level of respect for people who smoke cigars (besides that communist Castro). A large number of successful and powerful people are known to smoke cigars once in a while or even frequently. Now this doesn't mean smoking cigars is what brought them their respect and it won't hoist you to the top of the food chain either, but their habits aren't a coincidence.

Forces people to either join or leave

When someone lights up a cigar the only people who usually can put up with the smell and smoke are fellow cigar smokers. Smoking a cigar forces people who don't smoke to leave without you even asking. The people you want to be there will stick around and the ones who don't bring anything to the table usually walk away.

Notably Aficionados

• Rob Lowe
  • Winston Churchill
  • 'Smokin' Joe Frazier
  • John F. Kennedy
  • Mike Ditka
  • Mark Twain
  • Babe Ruth
  • Michael Jordan
  • Al Capone
  • J.P. Morgan
  • Bruce Willis
  • Sigmund Freud
  • Harrison Ford
  • Thomas Edison
  • Sylvester Stallone
  • Rudy Giuliani
  • George Patton
  • Elvis Presley
  • Sammy Davis Jr
  • Robert De Niro
  • Clint Eastwood
  • Wayne Gretzky

Read about more famous aficionados: http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/Top-100-Smokers_8111