10 Reasons Why I Hate Winter

10 Reasons Why I Hate Winter

Winter season is upon us.
6335

The winter season has sprung upon us, and while there are some of you out there who love the winter season, there are also some who cannot stand it. From the icy roads to the freezing temperatures, there is nothing positive that comes out of the winter season. Here are 10 reasons why I hate winter:

1. The snow

While it may look pretty around Christmas time, after that it is not necessary. Most of the time it is not the light and fluffy snow that they show in movies; it is heavy and thick and decides to make everything brown and gross.

2. The cold

Okay, this is the most inevitable one of all. The whole season, it's cold. In the midwest, we are lucky if it even gets above 30 degrees once winter hits. What good comes from cold weather? Let me tell you... nothing.

3. The dryness

Do you have chapstick or lotion handy? If you don't, you are going to need it. Your lips chap, skin cracks, runny nose... everything that every person just loves!

4. The darkness hits around 4:30 pm

Once it hits 4:30, the sun decides it is time for it to disappear. I am sorry, but I do not like being tired and thinking it is time for bed around 7:00 pm. Plus, who doesn't love their sun?

5. Immediately sweating once you get inside

10 seconds ago I was freezing my butt off. One step inside and now I am dripping sweat. What the heck happened.

6. Being pale

As a girl, I like my sun; I like being tan. When winter comes, that means no more laying outside in a bikini soaking up the rays. Your tan fades and you begin to look like Casper the ghost.

7. Having to scrape the snow off of your car

After getting ready in the morning or leaving school, the last thing I want to do is spend 5-10 minutes scraping mounds of snow off of my car. You better make sure you have some gloves or else you are going to regret it later.

8. Wet socks

I sure hope I am not the only one who has this experience. You wear your comfortable and warm shoes just to step in a pile of slush. Next thing you know, your shoes are soaked and your socks are not too far behind.

9. The laziness

I don't know about you, but when it is cold and snowing outside, all I want to do is cuddle up under a blanket and watch a movie while eating holiday foods. You know what that means... weight gain! The blah weather outside does not give me the motivation to get moving like the sun shining does.

10. When your friends and family are "winter people"

I love my friends and family, but please do not try and convince me to love winter just like you do. I understand that you like the hot chocolate and making snowmen outside, but you know what I love more? Sun tanning and beaches.