10 Reasons Why You Should Watch WWE

10 Reasons Why You Should Watch WWE

A list of reasons WWE is a show for anyone, of any age.

3077

WWE or World Wrestling Entertainment is one of the most popular shows on television for kids and adults alike. Yet, there is still a large majority of people who simply don't understand why people like WWE. I'm here to give you 10 reasons why you should start watching WWE. I don't expect you to religiously watch it, but instead to just give it a try.

1. It's the longest running weekly episodic television show in history.

That's right, WWE's Monday Night Raw is the longest running television series followed by WWE's Thursday Night Smackdown. This is great news for binge watchers. You can watch episodes for days, months and even years without running out of episodes.

2. It's fake... but who cares.

It's true, and I've heard it a million times, wrestling is fake. Trust me WWE fans know it's fake. It being fake only makes the show better! You get to watch two men or women intensely wrestle, beat each other up and not worry about one of them actually getting hurt.

3. They have catchy story lines.

Whether it's John Cena defending America against a Bulgarian Brute or a story of love being torn due to backstabbing co-workers. The story often changes keeping the viewers in mind, so every week you have something to look forward to.

4. The have live shows all across America.

From house shows to Monday Night Raw, Thursday Night Smackdown, WWE Superstars, and pay-per-views there are live shows every week. Not only that, but they travel across America so every fan has a chance to see their favorite WWE star live.

5. There's a wrestler for any fan.

From the good guys to the bad guys WWE has many stars. Divas, individuals who run the show, families who fight together and they all own the stage. You can't watch WWE and not like one of the many stars. There's a wrestler for any fan no matter what your taste there's at least one guy or girl you will like and root for the whole time.

6. Girls, it's not just men you'll be watching.

The Divas are a huge part of WWE. They have their own storylines, matches, feuds and friendships just the same as the male wrestlers. Not only that, but their matches are just as good as the men. They even have their own television show outside of WWE called "Total Divas," which is about their life outside of WWE.

7. You are not alone, with nearly 5 billion others who watch.

I speak the truth when I say WWE has over 5 billion fans who follow them through all forms of social media. WWE has more followers than MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA, ESPN, Nascar, Disney, Sony, Pepsi, HBO, Gatorade and has had more than 5 billion views on youtube in this past year alone. People love WWE. So if you're afraid of being one of the only people to like the sport, you're wrong because over a billion others love it.

8. WWE donates to multiple causes.

WWE donates millions of dollars to multiple charities very often. For example, two years ago they donated $1.2 million dollars to Boston University's CTE treatment program. Not only that but they have their very own line of Breast Cancer Awareness gear where all profits go to Susan G. Komen. To take it another step further, they donate to the Make-A-Wish foundation with WWE superstar John Cena granting the most make-a-wish wishes to over 500 children. That was just a few of the many donations they make daily.

9. They have their own version of Netflix.

When you fall in love with WWE you're most likely going to fall in love with the stars, which then means you'll want to keep watching even more than just Monday Night Raw and Thursday Night Smackdown. Well worry not, they have their own version of Netflix called The WWE Network. With an endless amount of shows all featuring your favorite superstars in a different light. Whether it's reality TV, a comedy of superstars pranking each other, or even watching the future of WWE stars and the training they endure before actually making it to the show. The list is endless, there's a show for every fan.

10. They love their audience.

WWE absolutely loves and thanks their audience every show every week. Whether they thank them through social media, videos they play during the shows and even having superstars thank them. They always show their audience how much they appreciate them and it's truly sincere.

So if wasn't the fact that you could binge watch WWE for years, or the fact that over half a billion people love WWE or even the fact that they absolutely adore their audience I hope that at least one of these facts has made you want to try WWE. There are tons of reasons why to watch WWE, and even if it takes you a few watches to get into the show, I highly recommend giving it a try because you will not be disappointed.