In the midst of our crazy lives, it's easy to lose sight of the good things. So often we tend to focus on the negative and get caught up in our own troubles when there is so much to look forward to. When I'm feeling down I try to remember what makes me happy. "I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad," like Fräulein Maria says in the "Sound of Music."
1. You're alive.
You are here and you are breathing, be grateful for that. Sometimes life gets rough, but it is better than the alternative. Life is so short, it would be a shame to waste it being unhappy.
2. People love you.
No matter how much you dislike yourself there are people in your life who love you. Friends and family are the ones who lift you up when you are feeling down. You should feel lucky that you have so many kind and loving people in your life.
3. You are unique.
There is no one on this earth who can replace you. You are one of a kind and shine light on everyone you meet in your own special way. Never forget how valuable you are.
Nothing is better than a long, warm hug. Hugs have a special power of making you feel loved and bringing a smile to your face. If you are ever feeling sad reach out to someone for a hug, it will leave you feeling much happier.
Music has the ability to change the way you feel. Songs can speak to you in a magical way. Put on your favorite song and just drown out the rest of the world.
6. Sunrises and sunsets.
There is nothing more beautiful than watching the sun rise and set. How could you be sad while watching something so magnificent? They are reminders that no matter what happens in life, it goes on. The sun will rise and set no matter what, each sunrise is a reminder that you can start fresh every day.
If you dream it, you can do it. You have so much potential waiting to unfold. Dream big and shoot for the stars. Never stop chasing your dreams, because they give you something to hold on to when times are tough.
8. You are beautiful.
Never forget that you are beautiful inside and out. Show the world your beautiful smile and keep your head held high. Be confident and embrace your beauty.
9. Everything is temporary.
Take comfort in the fact that this too shall pass and nothing lasts forever.
10. Happiness is way more fun than sadness.
Happy people enjoy life more. They shine and bring light into the world. Why be sad or angry when you can be radiant and positive? If you want to be happy, be. You deserve to be happy, never forget that.
Popular Right Now
In case you missed it, the Jonas Brothers are back together and, let me tell you, they're giving us some major jams. For those of us who were there when it all began back in 2007 with their first album, It's About Time, this has been one of the most important events of the year. But nothing, and I mean nothing can rival the excitement every twenty-something felt as the Jonas Brothers announced their Happiness Begins tour. I, for one, put my name in for ticket presale, have been following every single social media site related to the tour/group, and, of course, listening to the Jonas Brothers on repeat. And if you did manage to snag tickets, then you know that this is how your brain has been ever since they announced the tour.
1. Finding out that they're going on tour
2. Hopefully entering your name into the lottery to get presale tickets
3. Finding out that you actually get to buy presale tickets
4. Impatiently waiting for your presale tickets by listening to their songs on repeat
5. And remembering how obsessed you used to be (definitely still are) with them
6. Trying to coordinate the squad to go to the concert with you
7. Waiting in the Ticketmaster waiting room...
8. ...And feeling super frantic/frustrated because there are about 2000 people in line in front of you
9. Actually getting into the site to buy the tickets
10. Frantically trying to find seats you can actually pay for because, let's be real, you're twenty-something and poor
11. Managing to actually get the seats you want
12. Joyfully letting your squad know that you've done it
13. Crying a little because all of the dreams you've had since 2007 are coming true
14. Listening to every single Jonas Brothers song on repeat (again)
If you, like me, have finally fulfilled one of your dreams since childhood, then congrats, my friend! We've made it! Honestly, of all the things I've done in my adult life, this might be the one that child me is the most proud of.
It might just be the beginning of 2019 but there are many TV series wrapping up already. There are many breathtaking and original pilots around along with several reboots coming. This might be one of the greatest year for TV.
However, all good things must come to an end. Some series have been planned out and are going to be finished while others have been cut short. Sadly, here's a list of TV series to say goodbye to this year.
1. The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Final Date: May
12 Seasons//279 episodes
2. Orange is the New Black (Netflix)www.youtube.com
Final Date: End of 2019
7 seasons//91 episodes
3. Jane the Virgin (CW)www.flickr.com
Final Date: Mid-late 2019
5 seasons//100 episodes
8. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix)
Final date: January 25
4 seasons//52 episodes
10. Friends From College (Netflix)
Final Date: End of 2019
2 seasons//16 episodes