There Are Actually 10 Love Languages

There Are Actually 10 Love Languages

You may have heard of the Five Love Languages. Why do I think there are ten?

13386
There Are Actually 10 Love Languages
Love Languages

If you like knowing how to connect with other people, you've probably heard about the Five Love Languages. If you haven't, that's okay! Keep reading to see what it's all about.

The Five Love Languages help improve relationships you have with family, friends, and significant others. They are all simple, and almost everyone has a dominant one. The five are Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, and Physical Touch. For a lot of people, they can read these and know instantly which one is theirs. If you are uncertain, you can take a test here.

My order switches up now and again, but my love languages from highest to lowest are usually Quality Time, Physical Touch, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, and then Words of Affirmation. Basically, what this means is that I prefer to be shown love through quality time with others—spending uninterrupted time talking with someone or doing activities together—as opposed to something that does nothing for me, words of affirmation—hearing kind and encouraging words from someone you love in a multitude of ways.

This is important to know about when it comes to other people, because it helps you connect with them in the way they understand it. If someone’s top love language is physical touch, perhaps just a simple hug is all they need! But if it’s words of affirmation, maybe try giving them a compliment or telling them that you appreciate them!

Everyone shows their love differently, and everyone feels loved in different ways. This is why I feel there are “ten” love languages. Not only do people receive love differently, but they also show love differently. While quality time is my top love language for receiving, it’s lower when I’m showing love and care to people. I don’t like bothering people too much, so sweet and simple is my favorite. For my “Giving” Love Languages, my order switches to Giving Gifts, Acts of Service, Quality Time, Physical Touch, and then Words of Affirmation. I really like remaining in the background when it comes to voicing opinions or “publicly” expressing my love for others. Words of Affirmation do nothing for me, simply because I’m a big believer in “actions speak louder than words”.

Something to keep in mind with this, however, is that everyone is different. You can’t expect to use your love language for someone else. Have a conversation with those that you want to connect more with on how to love them best. If they need words, get better with praise and voicing your thoughts. If they need quality time, try scheduling time with just them- no distractions of phones, TV, or other people. Communication is the best way to achieve your ideal love.