10 Fun Things to Do in Dallas This Summer

Be a Tourist in Your Own City.

73
10best

So, it's summer in Dallas and all you can think of doing is binge-watching Netflix. And while that's all fine and good, I know that it can get old after awhile. What better thing to do than be a tourist in your own city? Here are some fun things to do in Dallas this summer.

1. Go to the Perot Museum.

The Perot Museum of Nature & Science is located downtown on Field Street. While it does cost around $20 to go, there is so much to do that it is definitely worth it. From the dinosaur fossils, to the expanding universe hall, to meteorology and broadcasting a weather forecast, there is something for everyone, even if you don't particularly like science.

2. Kayaking and Paddle boarding at White Rock Lake.

If you want to do something more active, then kayaking or paddle boarding at White Rock Lake would be a good option! It's about $17 an hour, but you can always split it with your friends. Go out and enjoy the sunshine and get some exercise while enjoying the lake!

3. Klyde Warren Park.

Klyde Warren is a fun, free thing to do in Dallas. Go out and enjoy the nice weather, while listening to live music and hanging out with friends. There are also food trucks where you can buy lunch every Saturday.

4. Steel City Pops.

If you want to cool off and have some popsicles, Steel City Pops on Greenville Avenue is the perfect place to go. With all-natural flavors, they are healthy and mostly locally grown. Whether you want something fruity, creamy, or even coffee flavored, Steel City Pops has something for everyone.

5. Til Midnight at the Nasher.

Once a month during the summer, the Nasher Sculpture Center hosts till midnight at the Nasher from 6-midnight. There is live music from a band, and a movie plays right after. You can buy picnic dining, and there are also street tacos and snacks available there. The best part about all of this is that it's free!

6. Bishop Arts District.

Located in Oak Cliff, Bishop Arts District is the perfect place to go shopping or browsing in Dallas, while simultaneously enjoying the weather. There are all of these cute little shops to go to, including boutiques and vintage shops. There are also great restaurants, including Veracruz, Eno's, Lockhart Smokehouse, and Emporium Pies, a hallmark of the Bishop Arts District.

7. Country Dancing at Cowboys Red River (or Billy Bob's).

If you want to embrace your Southern roots, then go country dancing at Cowboys Red River or Billy Bob's! There are dance lessons almost every night, and live bands perform too. Even if you don't like dancing, there's still music and food. So grab some friends, cowboy boots, and go have a good time!

8. Arboretum.

If you love the outdoors, the Arboretum and Botanical Gardens is the perfect way to spend time outside. There are flowers, plants, and other fun exhibits to visit. It's $15 for adults, and is really fun. The Arboretum is a great place to hang out with friends.

9. Dallas Museum of Art.

If you like art, then the DMA is the perfect place to go. Located downtown, the DMA has many exhibits and is sure to have something for everyone. Since it's free to go to the main attractions of the museum, there is really no reason not to go.

10. Torchy's Tacos.

And lastly, go to Torchy's tacos, of course, which can only be described as heaven on earth. Go enjoy some delicious tacos, chips, and queso, in the company of friends. Warning: you may have an unhealthy obsession with it go too often.

So there you have it, 10 fun things to do in Dallas this summer. Most of these are things that us as Dallas natives wouldn't think of doing, which makes them all the more fun!