10 Easy Ways To Save Money In College

10 Easy Ways To Save Money In College

It's easier than you think.

126
10 Easy Ways To Save Money In College

It is so easy to waste your money in college. As college students, we have so many expenses from housing to groceries. We are finally on our own, and with that comes responsibility. Luckily, there are a lot of little things you can do that can help you save big in the long run.

1. Use websites like Chegg for textbooks.

There's no reason to go to the bookstore and buy a textbook for $200 when odds are you can find it on Chegg or another website for more than half the price. I would also recommend actually going to class first, seeing if the textbook is 100% necessary before selling out the cash for them.

2. Stop eating out.

One of the easiest ways to go through your money quickly is going out to eat. Cooking meals at home can save you immensely. Not only is it better for your wallet but also better for your health.

3. Don't be afraid to shop at discount stores.

Places like Aldi, Goodwill, and Salvation Army actually have some pretty good quality stuff. Don’t be so closedminded and think you’re too good to go there.

4. Know your drink deals.

For college students, wasting your money on alcohol is way too easy. Every college bar has drink deals on certain nights of the week. Learn it, live it, love it.

5. Cut out cable.

If you're living off campus, you probably have to pay for cable yourself. If you have enough time to watch live TV all the time in college, you are definitely lying. In the days of Netflix and Hulu, there's no need for an extra cable bill.

6. Shop at places with student discounts.

Most likely in your college town, there's a ton of places that take student discounts. Get to know where they are and take advantage of them!

7. Never pay full price for your music.

The average cost of a monthly streaming service is $10.99. But if you sign up for these streaming services, such as Apple Music or Spotify, you can pay almost half of that.

8. Stop buying coffee every day.

It's okay to treat yourself every once and a while, but if you find yourself getting some Dunkin or Starbucks every day of the week, this one might be for you. This one also kind of goes along with eating out. Just making coffee at home instead of wasting almost $4 a day on it will really add up in the long run.

9. Download apps like Poshmark.

We all have a ton of stuff we no longer use and wear anymore, so why not make a profit off of it? You can easily sell your clothes and accessories you no longer use just by downloading a free app.

10. Watch it with the credit cards.

Unless you have a consistent income with a full-time job, credit cards are really not the best idea. They add up really quickly, and before you know it, you are in debt.