10 cheap date ideas any college bro can afford

I’m sure just by reading the title of this article, you’re hesitant to move forward because the idea of being a college Bro low on benjis doesn’t usually equate to a plethora of puntag ( I hate that word, couldn’t avoid it though, love me some alliteration).

Here’s the thing though, not all women give a shit about how much money you spend on them. In fact, I’d venture to say that those types of women are actually a much smaller subset than you think.

You don’t have to be making it rain Benjis day in and day out to snag a date. However, being scraped for cash is NO excuse for showing a girl a shitty time. If you’re broke at the moment and you feel like it’s been hindering your love (sex) life, fear the Wiseman here!

Here’s some shit you can do without spending a ton of money that will also leave your lady caller smitten:

Go on a hike:
This is obviously an activity for a very particular sort of girl, but permitting she’s into the outdoorsy stuff, this is an awesome way to spend time together without spending any money whatsoever. Pick a quaint location with a kickass view and you’re set. Maybe even try to go around sunrise or sundown to add that extra special dollop of romance.

Bobby Flay it:
Going out for a meal is fairly standard practice when it comes to dates. I’m a pretty big fan of some good food and booze, but I know that can get pretty pricey, especially if you’re trying to impress someone. Instead of taking a girl out to eat, try cooking for her instead! Yes, this requires you to buy groceries, but I promise it’s WAY more cost effective. The lack of liquor bill alone is going to save you at least 50 bones.

Movies without the theater:
I believe the freshmen are calling this Netflix and Chill, but that’s not exactly what I’m thinking about. If you’re going to invite a girl over to watch a movie or even binge some quality television programming, make sure you spice things up a bit. Pop some fucking popcorn, break out a bottle of wine, light a few candles, ya know, create some damn ambience.

Puppy Store:
I am completely and totally against purchasing dogs. I am a firm believer that you should adopt and not shop, so in the spirit of that, I’m not talking about taking a girl to a typical, dirty, depressing puppy store in the mall where when you leave you feel a bit suicidal. A lot of pet supply shops have adoption days where you can go and play with the dogs. Of course the hope is that you’ll adopt one, but a lot of time they just generally encourage people playing with them and showing them the affection they deserve. I promise this will be equally as enjoyable for you, as it is for her. If she’s a cat person, maybe just disregard this suggestion (and maybe her too).

Live music:
Taking her to see Adele at the Verizon center is going to cost you a pretty penny and maybe just maybe your soul. Taking her to see a local band in a dive bar however, is not. Again, this idea is meant for a very particular sort of girl. She needs to be laid back, low maintenance, and content with cheap beer out of a plastic cup. So long as she fits that description, this idea is not only solid but actually really enjoyable.

Museums:
I can’t speak on other cities, but when it comes to DC there’s plenty of museums, most notably The National Gallery, that have suggested pricing. This means you can give 2 pennies and piece of a lint and enjoy an entire day of art. Does this sound boring to you? I’m sorry if it does, because it really shouldn’t. Sure, looking at half-broken marble dicks on sculptures may not be your thing, but museums have plenty of other fascinating shit to gander at.

Bowling:
Bowling is fucking fun AND cheap! I don’t care what anyone says. I’m not even going to justify this suggestion with a long paragraph because I don’t feel as if I should have to. Thank me later.

Take her to a party:
House-warming, cousin’s first birthday, Great Aunt Olga coming out of the closet bash (so glad she finally came to terms with who she truly is), I don’t give a shit; a party is a party. Free booze, free food, fun, family, so on and so forth with other great F words.

Wedding date:
Now taking a girl to a wedding is completely different than just your standard party, especially if travel is involved. You really need to dig this person, or at the very least put up with them until the open bar is open. Ultimately though, it’s a great way to take a girl out where everything is swanky and beautiful and you paid for NONE of it (aside from the Amazon gift card you stuck in an envelope for the happy couple 20 minutes before leaving campus.

Let her pay:
I know this may seem like a foreign concept, but its 2017 and if you don’t have the cash to pay for your date, let her pay for you! It’s not a big deal, it’s not emasculating, your ego isn’t going to shrivel up and fall off, and any chick that says otherwise is an asshole.