10 Amazing Compliments To Give Or Receive

Compliments are something amazing which truly touch the heart, but there are some that mean more than others.

3051
blog spot

Receiving a compliment can completely alter someone's day. Small words of kindness can turn around someone's terrible day and give them the little boost of confidence that they needed. Any compliment is appreciated, but there are some which go above and beyond the average compliment that they truly touch one's soul, and the receiver will never forget them. I have compiled a list of the top 10 compliments to give or receive that actually mean something.

1. You have a beautiful mind

Sure everyone loves to hear that they look good on the outside, but it is something completely different to be told that your mind is attractive. Everyone can see what you appear to be on the outside immediately, but to get a look into your mind takes time. For someone to be able to compliment your mind, it shows that they have taken the time to get to know you, and further more it means that they have found beauty in your true self.

2. You're the best friend anyone could have

Friendship is beautiful and rewarding in itself, however, being told just how important you are as a friend creates such an incredible feeling and also strengthens the friendship. To know that you made someone so happy and comfortable that they feel the need to express this to you is something indescribable.

3. You are destined to be successful/happy

We can't predict the future, but we can certainly hope for it. Most people's main goal for the future is to be happy and successful. We can sometimes see ourselves with a great future, but to have someone else say they also see this must mean that we are doing something right.

4. You have great style

From clothing and hairdo's, to makeup and tattoos, a person's style completely defines who they are. Being complimented your style is also being complimented on all the physical aspects you have chosen that make you, you.

5. You are talented in your area of passion

Everyone has something they are passionate about. It might be writing, painting, dancing, etc., but whatever it is, it truly makes the soul happy. Most people will do what they are passionate about regardless of what others think about it, but being complimented on your area of passion makes it so much more satisfying for the soul. It is so much more of a rewarding experience having others appreciate your passion.

6. You will make a great parent

Parents create a child and shape their entire world. It's a huge responsibility to be a parent and raise your child(ren) to the best of your ability. When someone believes that you will be a great parent, they are communicating with you that they see an amazing potential in you to create a positive environment for a child.

7. I aspire to be more like you

If someone would like to be more like you, they have found so many positive traits about you, they wish to adopt more of these traits themselves. Having someone so admiring of you that they wish to use you as a model to make themselves a better person truly says something about your character.

8. You are such a strong soul

It's no surprise that everyone has hardships. It's simply a part of life. But fighting through these struggles is the most important part. It's a beautiful feeling when one notices that you have conquered your hardships and they have made you a better person for it.

9. Your smile is contagious

Short and simple, being able to make someone else happy is neat.

10. I am proud of you

Humans seek approval, especially from those we admire. When someone tells you that they are proud of you, a wave of bliss comes over the body. To have someone be proud of you is to have your efforts appreciated.

I think that any compliment is amazing, as long as the giver truly means it. Throughout my life, I've learned the importance of words and the intention behind them. It's incredible to see how strongly someone can be affected by words. If you feel the urge to compliment someone, do it. Create a positive aura around you by giving compliments, and you will quickly find that you actually enjoy giving compliments more than you like receiving them.