Your Imperfections Are Beautiful

Your Imperfections Are Beautiful

They make us the one in a million in this world.

515
Your Imperfections Are Beautiful
Caity Martinez

People tend to dwell on the things they believe are their "imperfections".

Imperfections are defined as a "fault, blemish, or undesirable feature." But what determines that? Is there a rulebook that gives a list of what an "undesirable feature" would deem?

Imperfections are what we create in our mind. When we look in the mirror and analyze every single detail of ourselves. When we notice that pimple forming at the surface of our skin on our forehead or the slightly crooked teeth that drive us crazy whenever we look at pictures of ourselves. These are all things that only we notice.

Comparing ourselves to others is what really creates the imperfections that we believe we have. Constantly measuring ourselves against others on social media, believing that they have a better life than we do. All due to the fact that they are more beautiful/handsome or they live a life of luxury. But the thing is, we are comparing ourselves to people that aren't us.

Your genetics, your family, your ancestors, all of this beautiful history lies in your blood. Every person is different because we all come from different descents, religions, cultures, races, and walks of life. It makes each one of us unique.

Those imperfections that we wish would evaporate, make us who we are. The thick thighs you have, the freckles that cover your skin, the cellulite you have at the back of your thighs, the color of your skin, all show where you come from and what you are made of. It shows that you are a living, breathing person who is growing and aging. Show it off proudly. It makes you exquisite. You are the only person in the world who is you. No one else holds the same exact physical or personality traits that you hold.

Perfection is fictional. Just like imperfections, it is this pre-conceived idea that we have created in our minds to give us something to yearn after.

At times, I become nostalgic for my younger years where I didn't care. I didn't care how I looked or what I wore because I believed everything about me was beautiful. I don't know if it was how I was raised, with my mom always saying that I was; or the pure fact that as a child, we see ourselves as unstoppable forces without a thought on what we look like.

It's time to start looking at "imperfections" as the traits that make us the one in a million in this world. Love those traits of yourself, please stop belittling yourself or lessening your self-worth. You are infinite and well-crafted to be the only you on this earth.