Dear Future Husband

Dear Future Husband

To my one day husband, you may want to take notes.

32
Dear Future Husband
Gretchen Rubin

Dear Future Husband,

Recently “Dear Future Husband” by Meghan Trainor has plaid on my Spotify account and it has made me think. Trainor has some really good points in her song. I may not agree with them all, but I do a few like to treat me like a lady, tell me nice things, and to get me flowers every now and then. There’s a few points of my own I believe you should know. So to my future husband, who ever you may be and where ever you may be.

I hope you hold my hand a lot, kiss me often, and tell me you love me any chance you can get. I need reassurance, and I don’t mean gifts constantly, even the littlest things can mean the most. I appreciate them and I’ll appreciate you. I pray my family loves you and I hope you like them. You don’t have to agree with everything they do, but my family means everything to me and therefore you must get along. I want to go on adventures with you and try new things. Though I also want to have lazy days where we just cuddle on the couch with our dogs. Oh which leads me to, be prepared for the amount of dogs we will have.

Sing and dance with me, even at the most random times. Sing your little heart out on road trips even if you don’t sound the best. Twirl me around the kitchen when it’s late at night. And hum me sweet songs in my ear every now and then. It will make me fall head over heals for you. Also hugs from behind and kisses on the forehead are the best. When you propose, I don’t care how you do it, when you do it, or whom you do it in front of, but please hire a photographer for the moment, it is my only request. And please put all of your heart into taking care of our children and helping me teach them how to be good people. I don't need a "romantic movie life" with all the cheesy over the top stuff, I just need a tight hug, the words "I love you" and a happy life with you.

Please lets be a team in our time together, I know fights will happen, but I hope we always make up as quickly as possible. And if you could, please be patient with me I know I can be a handful sometimes either acting like a child singing Disney in public, getting mad quickly, or being stubborn and sassy. I don’t mean to drive you up a wall; I’m just being me. Which above all I hope you are yourself around me too. I want the real you, the man I probably fell in love with. I don’t want you to change your spirit, your hope, your personality, or your love. I want you to be yourself no matter what that is.

Finally, be prepared for an endless, loyal, unconditional, love. I can’t wait to wake up to you in the morning and kiss you goodnight. I want to spoil you and encourage you to go above and beyond to be the best you can be. I want to be there for you as you chase your dreams, as you go through the hard times, and as we go through life changing moments, good or bad. I want to make you laugh even on your worst days. I will try to forgive and forget as quickly as possible. And I will try to not be crazy sassy or moody all the time, although I cannot promise that. It’s not always about what you can do for me, but what I can do for you and I hope to prove that to you, because that is love.

Love, your future wife.