You Will Find It

You Will Find It

We all hope to achieve complete and absolute inner peace.

13
You Will Find It
Andrea Méndez

Let me be the one to tell you that you will find it. You will find it unexpectedly one day, maybe in the middle of a conversation with the one you love, maybe at the shore of a white sand beach while on vacation, maybe while you read the morning newspaper at the café you visit each week, but you will find it, that I promise you. And when you find it, you will pause for a moment and think, this is it, this has got to be it. I have achieved one of the ultimate goals in life, one of the ultimate goals each and every single human being wants and craves to achieve and that’s, inner peace.

It’s something we all search for, for years and years, tirelessly and consistently, even a bit desperately because after all our despair, our grief, our sadness, our agony, our suffering, we all hope there is a beautiful ending to it, one where we reflect back on all those horrible moments, and we’ll laugh because that will be just what they are; moments that have already passed us and led us to the inner peace we have all been looking forward to.

Every single day that we live, every single minute, every second; we search for it whether we know it or not. The entire point of our very existence is doing something meaningful with our lives, but more importantly, finding and achieving inner peace, so that we know we did the best we could with what we had when we are older and facing the death in the face.

We need to forgive and forget and realize that hate and resentment, guilt, are all things we need not carry. We need to love ourselves and spread love to others. We need to make something of ourselves and our lives, and be able to say we made a difference in another’s. We need to know that we impacted someone, even if it was one life, and we need to fall in love with the simple things, and the smallest moments. Happiness is ours if we want it.

But let me be the one to also tell you that we may not find this inner peace for years, maybe not even until we’re old and wrinkled; but we cannot ‘find’ this inner peace. It’s not something we need to search for or seek because that’s just not how it really works. Inner peace finds us.