I Don’t Want To Be Dramatic, But You Ruined My Life

Whether you want to believe it or not, you ruined my life.

120

You always thought I was dramatic. You thought I exaggerated, which I do 90% of the time. However, When it comes to how you ruined my life, there's no exaggeration to that.

I wasted three years of my life, hoping and praying you would be loyal to me. I caught you cheating on several occasions, but somehow you convinced me it was a lie. I was hoping you could respect me and love me. I didn't ask for much.

I asked to be loved. Did I ask too much of you?

I missed out on so much because of you. You wouldn't “allow" me to do those things. You not only kept me from living life, but you tried to keep me from my family, whether it be on holidays or Sunday morning church services. You kept me from my friends. I lost contact with one of my best friends for almost two years because of you.

Moving on after you was more difficult than I imagined.

I thought leaving you would be easy, but it wasn't. Leaving you was difficult. All I could think about was the amount of time I spent with you, but then I realized it wasn't happy moments, but instead awful memories.

Moving on was the hardest part. I couldn't imagine myself making new memories with someone else. I couldn't go out with other guys because it was different. It was different because I didn't have to pick up the tab for dinner. I was asked out on a date. I was told I looked beautiful. It was different in a good way.

The way you treated me was awful. You gave me false expectations. You made me think I wasn't good enough. You never made me feel beautiful. You made me lose my self-worth.

I can go on and on about the situations you put me through. I can tell stories that always make people say, “Why did you stay?" The way you treated changed my entire aspect on dating. You made me have trust issues and not with just you, but with others as well.

You ruined my life and I'm not being dramatic.