You Did What in College?!!

You Did What in College?!!

You better believe it too!

15
You Did What in College?!!
ABENTEUERWEGE

So guess what guys? I took a break in college today, and you know what? I don’t care. I DON’T care. Do you know why? Because it feels good. That’s right! I’m a college student and I took a 30-minute break today to do whatever I wanted to do. Granted I still have two exams on the horizon as well as some essays to write for various classes, but you best believe that within that 30-minutes I crammed about a whole day’s worth of fun into a such a small time slot. College is meant to keep you busy. The stress that students feel for the most part is completely normal and to be expected. It’s easy to get caught up in the piles of work that’s due by midnight the following day, but it’s just as important to also do a little stress relief on daily too so that it doesn’t always feel like you’re stuck in an asylum. Here’s just a few of my top ways to ensure you maintain your mental stability.

1. You're Tired, Go Take A Nap

When we were little, our parents would always “strongly encourage” us to take a nap. Then we would respond back usually with “…but I’m not tired!” As if we were too good for a quick snooze. Well I have news: I’m in college now and I revel in every moment I get a chance to sleep because let’s face it, you’re lucky if you get to bed before midnight these days. So why not use some of that time earlier in the day to catch a few Z’s.

2. Go for a Run or Walk on Campus

Most campuses these days have trails or least some walking area to stretch your legs out. It’s still nice out, so embrace the warm temperatures while it’s still possible because winter is practically right around the corner.

3. Hit Up the Gym

As sort of a “Part 2” to my previous point, during the winter don’t be shy about going to the gym. I can’t tell you enough how many times I felt so much better after doing a little bit of lifting, or even just taking a jog on the treadmill. It’s a quick enough break that I can just listen to my tunes and just simply “get away” from it all- even if it is only a 30-minute break.

4. Binge-Watch Your Favorite TV Shows

Ok so don’t “take a break” by watching all 22 episodes of The Blacklist from season one. If you really want to get caught up to speed on your favorite shows, but also have that paper due the next day, watch only one episode a day as break to give the mind a chance to de-stress a little bit. Then use the next day during your break time to watch the next episode. It builds up the exciting anticipation for each episode while also giving you the chance to maintain your work ethic. Who knows, you might even pick up some inspiration along the way.

5. You're in College, So You're Probably Hungry...Like All the Time!

The fact of the matter is that sometimes students will skip entire meals just so that they have more time to work on assignments. Even I myself am guilty of this on occasion. It’s not good for you and it only ends up hurting more when you are running on five hours of sleep. Even if you do have a solid three meals a day, a little time out of that busy schedule just to have a small snack could help you debrief a little from the mountainous amount of work that you have to do

In the end, you may find you have your own way to relax. Regardless, you’ll be glad you did!