Choose The Diet That's Right For You, No Matter What People Say

Your Body Is A Temple To Whom You Are The God It Is Devoted

Everyone was given a body and everyone has the right of choosing what to put in it.

80
yoga girl
Brooke Stiles

This week, I first decided I was going to write about how certain people in the vegan community make meat-eaters feel attacked, ashamed, or embarrassed for the diet they choose to have.

Then, after reading many articles and watching numerous videos concerning vegans and meat eaters I realized the issue lies way deeper than vegans shaming meat eaters and vice versa.

I read many posts and articles about how even vegans will criticize other vegans for not following the vegan lifestyle to the degree that others choose to.

This refers to vegans who are having trouble completely giving up a certain animal product cold-turkey, eating the fries from McDonald's, or for simply not knowing honey wasn't vegan, etc.

But that is not the point.

The point is we are all born with different bodies, minds, spirits, and emotions.

Raised in different cultures and geographic locations.

Sustaining various lifestyles that cause us to have very diverse diets.

And for any community to assume that people can and should undergo the same diet they choose to follow whether it be for sustainable, cultural, religious, health or other reasons is absurd.

I understand that it is the natural way of humans to think their way of something is the best and want to project it onto others but just because a certain diet may be better for the environment, for your health or whatever the reason may be doesn't give those people the right to judge others for not pursuing that diet.

There are an incredible amount of reasons that people are on the diet they are and to ignore this to project the beliefs of one's diet onto others is blisteringly unsympathetic.

There are many people with many different diets including but not limited to: lactose-intolerant, protein-intolerant, gluten-free, no-carbs, low-sodium, vegetarian, or vegan.

Sometimes these diets are a choice to be healthy but sometimes these diets aren't a choice.

These diets don't become a choice for reasons like recovering from eating disorders, have certain diseases, digestive issues, or even a range of mood disorders.

Or sometimes people just simply like the way they eat regardless if it's healthy or not and don't wish to change it.

Point is each and every one of us was given a body.

A body that is a temple in which the owner of that body is the only God to whom it is devoted.

A temple that sustains the diet the owner chooses (or may not be able to choose) is best (or not best) for them.

A temple that should not shame other temples for the diet they live by.

A temple that shall be free from the judgment of our diets by other temples.