To The Boy Who Broke My Heart

To The Boy Who Broke My Heart

She lost him, but found herself. Somehow that was everything.

73
To The Boy Who Broke My Heart
msecnd.net

I’d like to begin this letter by thanking you. You have no idea how much you were able to help me, even though, at the time, it didn’t seem like you were. To the boy that broke me down just a little more. I just want to say thank you! Thank you for everything you've done! Because of you, I am now more independent. You have once again taught me that I do not need anyone to help me be myself. I will admit at first I was sad, and I cried... a lot. I will say that I have grown from this experience, and that is one thing you cannot take away from me!

My mom taught me to never be dependent on anyone because you can never really have faith that someone will stay.

But you were different.

I could tell you anything, and I did. I shared every secret I’ve ever held with you and I would like to believe that you did the same for me, but you probably didn’t. I spent every ounce of my breath worrying about you and making sure that your life was going so much better than mine, but I’ve come to realize that you never did the same for me.

From the first time I met you, I knew you were shy, I knew you were different from most guys I would ever talk to. But you were on the football team, so why wouldn't I wanna be with you? You said you loved me. You said I was the one. You said you would always be there for me. You said you would never give up on us.

But you lied, about everything. I was only a senior in high school I knew I was too young to know what true love was, but when you said "I love you" I thought to myself I may be young but this is real. I was wrong. When you told me I was the one, I thought I'm so lucky to have found my dream guy the one I've been looking for. I was wrong. I believed you every time you told me you would be there no matter what, and I trusted you.

I was wrong.

You told me you would never give up on me, but you did. We dated for a year, and one week after we broke up you had already lost all feeling for me. You weren't upset about us anymore... you had already moved on. It broke my heart seeing you move on because I still loved you.

But, I knew we weren't good together. But enough sadness. I no longer cry for you. I can look at pictures of you and not get mad or upset. I can see you with her and not care. I'm happy for you because you're happy.

Yes you hurt me, yes you broke me down, yes I cried myself to sleep more times then I should have, but I hurt you too (just maybe not as much). I hope if you read this you realize I don't hate you, and I haven't forgotten about all the good things you did for me. I will be forever thankful to have met you and to have had a chance to live part of my life with you.

Because without you I wouldn't be who I am today. You showed me that you can't trust all guys, that when a guy says he loves you it's not always true, just because he says he's gonna fight for you doesn't mean he will, and most importantly that I am better off without you. I have finally and fully moved on from you, and I could not be more grateful. But thank you from the bottom of my heart for teaching me these things, I will be forever thankful!