You Are Worthy of More

You Are Worthy of More

Own that bad day you've had.

3
You Are Worthy of More

It's eleven forty-five at night, you lie down for bed and can't help but think about everything you've done wrong today.

You've broken the habit of keeping a good diet, slept in instead of exercising, you didn't prepare enough for that homework you had in class. Your mind spins around that one stupid thing you said today; damn, how could you be so dumb? You should know better. You let your irrational anxiety rob you of precious time. You're getting fat, you're not smart enough, you're not doing anything right.

You let that feeling of uselessness take over for hours, maybe even days. And for what? To wallow in your self-pity? To reinforce how terrible you have been? Is there a real reason why we do this?

We let us think horribly about ourselves. Truthfully, if we had friends that spoke to us in the manner that we speak to ourselves, we would not be friends with those people. We might even despise them. Sometimes, our own being is all that we have to rely on. We know this for a fact, and we still treat ourselves like we aren't worthy of our own self-love and affection.

I constantly have to reassure myself that I'm going to be okay. I'm not a bad person. I'm not headed towards this black hole of failure.

Eating poorly for a week straight isn't going to make us obese.

Slipping off the productivity train for a day or two does not make us lazy.

Failing one test isn't an example of our intelligence or how we are going to do in the course itself.

I am always reminding myself that all of these things are so insignificant at the end of the day. We, as human beings, are not required to be the perfect version of ourselves all of the time. "Perfect " is such a loose way to describe the best we can be- regardless of how great we are, perfection does not exist. Not anywhere among the human race.

If you are having an off-day, or off-week for that matter, try to remember that feeling of worthlessness is not definitive of who you are. It does not last forever. You are capable of picking up right where you left off, and you can and should follow suit.

No relationship, diet, exam, or job should make you feel like less than you are.

Even on your fat days, dumb days, lazy days, whatever it may be, you are worthy of all things good and pure.

Having bad days does not diminish your value. It does not make you ugly. They are only temporary. It's easy to sink into a low period when everything seems to be going wrong. It's human.

When I say these things, I mean that you should believe them for yourself. Not some boy you have a crush on, not your friends, not some girl you met at a party. These people can be important to you, for sure. But their opinions of you don't matter as much as your opinion of yourself.

As important as it may seem, you don't need anyone's shitty approval. You need your own, divine approval of yourself. You are so very important.

Own that bad day you've had.

Someone has to.