It's Okay To Not Be Okay

It's Okay To Not Be Okay

You are not required to have it all together.

6
It's Okay To Not Be Okay
Mikeala Cook

To the person who gives there all just about all of the time:

It's okay to not be okay.

You are allowed to fall down, you are allowed to not know, you are allowed to cry, you are allowed to ask for help.

I say this because when you fall, you have the ability to rise again. You are able to see where you have gone and work out a plan to make your way back up. Falling is not easy and it can happen suddenly or slowly but whether you are falling or sinking, you can get back up.

When you fall down and feel like you are at your lowest point, the only way is up. This may be a climb but you can accomplish what you set your mind to. Falling down, only gives you the opportunity to get up, brush off and keep going.

When you don't know, there is an entire world of possibilities that open up to you. Yes, people think at 20 something you need your entire life figured out but what if your five year plan was really the thing keeping you from your life long passion. Not knowing, is beautiful.

When you cry, you let out pent up emotions that could be stopping you from moving forward. Your tears hold no gender or judgement, so let it out.

When you ask for help, you are showing that you care. You are displaying your intent on growing as a person and expanding your wealth of knowledge to include so much more. I waited my 20 some years before i first asked for help, and believe me, I wish I had done so ages ago.

The bottom line is, you are not required to have it all together at all times. You are allowed to do all of these things and then some. Most importantly, it's okay and natural to not be okay sometimes. All four of these things could just help you get even further in life.