instagram captions for new years

When the new year starts, we all start rolling out our New Year resolutions.

Some people say that in the new year, they'll start going to the gym, followed by them posting a selfie on Instagram with the caption, "New year, new me". If getting in your shape is your 2019 New Year's resolution (or if you have a different idea), here are 50 Instagram captions you can and should use.

1. "The best is yet to come."

Simple, but effective.

2. "12 new chapters, 365 new chances."

Again, simple, but this one is pretty clever.

3. "365 new days, 365 more excuses"

Or maybe this is more your style. The choice is yours.

4. "My New Year's resolution is to remember to write '2019' instead of '2018'.

I can't be the only one who does this until almost the middle of the year.

5. "Why overthink when you can overdrink?"

What a way to bring in the new year, am I right?

6. "I would lose weight for my New Year's resolution, but I hate losing."

Don't we all?

7. "Let's start off the new year by being incredibly thankful that we aren't in Times Square right now..."

While I've always wanted to go to Times Square to watch the ball drop on NYE, I can't imagine being in a crowd of that many people. I'll just watch it from the comfort of my own couch, thanks.

8. "Sometimes all we need is a fresh start... and lots and lots of (insert alcoholic drink here)."

You can say champagne, whiskey, tequila, whatever fits your lifestyle.

9. "It only happens once a year."

Just like the diet you promised you'd keep for your New Year's resolution...

10. "There are far, far better things than anything we leave behind."

-C.S Lewis

11. "A little party never killed nobody."

Nothin' wrong with a little Fergie to spice up your Instagram caption.

12. "My New Year's Resolution is to be more optimistic by keeping my cup half full... with (insert fave alcoholic drink).

Could be champagne, could be rum, but either way, there's a ton of optimism.

13. "Every day is one step closer to summer 2018."

If you're one of those who count down every year until summer, this one is definitely for you.

14. "I don't call them New Year's Resolutions, I call them 'casual promises to myself that I'm under no obligation to fulfill'".

15. "A New Year's Resolution is one thing that goes in one year and out the other."

Or it comes in one day and leaves the next. Same thing, ya know.

16. "A New Year's resolution is only a to-do list for the first week of January."

Kinda like a grocery list.

17. "Prepared to slay 2019."

I mean, you could say "sleigh" if you wanna change it up a little.

18. "The calm before the storm."

This is the perfect caption to your pre-party selfie.

19. "Tonight we drink, tomorrow we moan in agony."

Don't party too hard on NYE, kids.

20. "Save water, drink (alcoholic drink)."

And like the others, any alcoholic drink is acceptable.

21. "Hold on to the memories, they will hold onto you."

-Taylor Swift

Because we all love a good Taylor Swift lyric, am I right?

22. "No champagne, no gain."

23. "Poor quality pic, high quality friends."

Acceptable any day, not solely for NYE.

24. "Sips about to go down."

25. "Tonight, I'm making pour decisions."

See the pun? It's punny.

26. "New year, same ole' me."

Because most of us don't drastically change when the clock strikes midnight.

27. "May all of your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions."

This is appropriate because, ya know, most resolutions don't stick around.

28. "Too much of anything is bad, but too much champagne is just right."

29. "2018, you couldn't have set the bar any lower."

30. "Don't look back. You're not going that way."

Go into the new year with a new attitude.

31. "Sometimes all we need is a fresh start."

Which, a new year is pretty much a fresh start. Make it anything you want it to be.

32. "I'm wearing the hat. Where's the party?"

We all love a good Full House quote.

33. "All I see is magic."

This is the perfect quote for a picture of that midnight kiss or a ball dropping.

34. "Page 1 of 365."

It works if you're starting your New Year's resolution on January 1st, otherwise, this one doesn't apply.

35. "What can you do today that you were not capable of 12 months ago?"

Kinda inspiring, kinda a slap in the face. The choice is yours.

36. "My New Year's resolution is to follow through with my New Year's resolution."

37. "This year, I will be stronger, braver, kinder, and unstoppable."

38. "My New Year's resolution is to stop lying about myself about making lifestyle changes."

Brutal, but true. Brutally honest, if you will.

39. "I no longer believe in New Year's Resolutions. I believe in day's resolutions."

I guess that's one way to keep yourself accountable, right?

40. "Here's to another year and another chance to get it right."

You'll get there... even if it takes 2 or 3 or 10 years.

41. "New year, new feels, new chances, same dreams, fresh starts."

Who doesn't love a good inspirational quote for an Instagram caption?

42. "You can always start again."

For when your resolutions fall apart by March.

43. "Let go of what's holding you back."

You can keep your resolutions if you let go of what's holding you back. Talk about #inspirational, huh?

44. "And now we welcome the new year; full of things that have never been."

Time to do all of the things you've never imagined you could or would do.

45. "He who breaks a New Year's resolution is a weakling; he who makes one is a fool."

-F.M Knowles

You don't want to be a fool, do you? That's how you can get out of having a New Year's resolution.

46. "Trust the magic of new beginnings."

Now THIS is a perfect caption for your first post of the new year.

47. "The new year is yours. What will you do with it?"

This is also a great way to interact with your followers, ya know?

48. "New year, same me, because I'm already fabulous."

Similar to #26, but has a little extra pizazz to it.

49. "Make it pop like pink champagne."

Aka make your New Year's resolutions pop like pink champagne.

50. "New year, same me, bigger goals."

EXCEPT, this year, you need to actually achieve these goals. You got this.

With all of that being said, I hope you've found a great Instagram caption to use for your upcoming post. Here's to 2019 and probably broken resolutions.

media0.giphy.com

From Your Site Articles