You Are Important To Me

To The Person Who Deserves To Know How Truly Incredible They Are

You're important to me.

203

When I was in middle school and high school I always thought that connecting with people around me came so easily because we were always surrounded by the same influences. Friends usually ended up doing everything together because we were so close and when relationships became significant we could easily relate.

After high school, we all go separate ways. Then we all really begin to grow. We begin to understand where things went wrong and change ourselves for a better future. Meeting new people is very exciting for me because it's a clean slate. It is so refreshing to have new relationships with such wonderful people. One person studies to become a music teacher and the other an entrepreneur; I can picture our futures; it's very exciting.

When you spend a lot of time with someone, just as we all did in high school, the bond you create forms an everlasting relationship that you will remember for a lifetime. So, I dedicate this article to someone in my life who has, so far, shown me that there is no reason to stay sad, all of the little things we do each day matter.

Photo by Fabrizio Verrecchia on Unsplash

Dear you,

My heart grows for you like wildfire - fast and with a burning intensity. When I met you, I didn't think I could feel happy for a long time, but you showed me if I just had faith, happiness was not far away. Each day you teach me what it feels like to be grateful to have emotions and to be alive in such a wonderful place. That was something that I neglected to care about a year ago. I learn from you that life is short, but to take every moment by the hand and make it last forever because who knows, it may be your last.

When I am with you I forget about time because the only thing I am paying attention to is you- that is probably why I don't really have a curfew anymore, as long as I go home at some point.

When I am with you, music is our symphony. I feel as though our hearts beat in sync to the music and we become so deeply connected; almost like we are one and the same.

A quote from Justin Bieber, "You smile, I smile" because when you smile it makes the room feel so much warmer and brighter, I feel at home. You are home to me. I never thought you would mean as much to me as you do, but maybe what they say can be true sometimes, it was love at first sight.

I give thanks to the amazing people who raised you because all the events of our pasts led us to each other. This may be such an exaggeration, but I really am not sure what I would be doing without you. You gave me the hope to feel happy again, you support me through whatever, and hold me when I cry. Thanks to you, I am becoming the best version of me possible.

I am glad that we can appreciate and give blessings to each other every day. It takes two people with the same supportive effort to have a healthy relationship. When we miss each other, we know that it will be okay. Then when we are together, our relationship is that much stronger.

Thank you for trusting me as I trust you.

Thank you for sharing your emotions with me, I can see your sincerity in your eyes and feel it when we embrace each other. I know it's hard sometimes but emotions are so essential to life. They shape us and help us grow as individuals.

You are such a dedicated, independent, selfless person; not only to me but your friends and family too.

I was young. It happens to almost everyone. You know, the little crush you get on someone? Well, I had that but it's gone now. What I learned was it is okay to be vulnerable sometimes, but don't let anybody get the best of you. I was once too vulnerable, I didn't think that I could be stronger and have confidence in myself. Once I finally understood what I had been facing, I was able to find release in my worries and feel more myself.

My mind would keep coming back to the moments where I would talk to you when we should have been doing homework but we're talking the whole time; also sharing music, of course. Then, I found such enjoyment in being around you. I swear I could listen to you talk forever. After a while, I realized that I was not just infatuated with you because your name happened to be my favorite name or because of the way you whisper in my ear but because you have loved me with every one of my flaws and have always been true to yourself. I think that is about one of the bravest things someone can do. In a world full of people trying to constantly be someone they are not, here I have found one of the most humble, empathetic human beings and they are a part of my life!

Your soul is beautiful.

Your voice is nostalgic.

Your body is a masterpiece.

Your mind is so mysterious, let me tap inside.

Saying I appreciate you will always be an understatement because I feel euphoric when I am with you.

Not a single worry will cross my mind more than you do because you've shown me with every worry of today, tomorrow is a new day. I am eternally content with how I am growing and how you have helped me be a better, happier, more appreciative human being. Even in sickness and pain, you are there for me as I am for you.

You help me, I help you.

I will be loyal, honest, and true - What would I do without you?