A Year Marked By Thankfulness

A Year Marked By Thankfulness

49

As the sun sets and rises, as day turns into night, as laughter radiates through the walls, I forget how much I have to be THANKFUL for this year.

Each and everyday, I roll out of bed, I scroll through social media accounts and I forget to just stop. I forget to rest in all that I have to be thankful for today. I jump right into the swing of things and I never stop to rest in all that God has given me to be thankful for. From the very moment I wake up, God blesses me and when I lay my head down on the pillow at night, he has blessed me beyond measure. But, I never seem to vocalize it. Instead, I complain, I gossip and I get caught up in talking about what God hasn't blessed me with.

Why is that? Why do I so often forget that I am blessed. I have so much to be grateful for today, I have so much to be thankful for this week, this month, this year. He has given me more than I could ever ask for and because of that, I should be forever grateful and thankful for that which he has blessed me with:

Opportunities

So often, I forget that God has blessed me with countless opportunities over this past year. He has given me the opportunity to grow and be bold, and for that, I am forever thankful.

Friendships

Each year, I find myself mystified by the wonderful and genuine friends God has placed in my life. Because he has placed countless friends, new and old, in my life, I am forever thankful.

Inspiration

I came into this year lacking inspiration. I was worn out and was unsure of where that spark was that I once had. But, God has blessed me this year with countless moments driven by inspiration. Whenever I felt uninspired this year, God blessed me with moments that sparked an inspiration in my heart and because of that, I am forever thankful.

Courage

I've always struggled with courage. Courage to speak out and speak up, but this year, I found my voice. God blessed me with courage like a lion. He gave me the courage to share his love with others and to share who God has created me to be as well. And for that, I am forever thankful.

Strength

Every year, he has been my rock and this year is no different. When my strength was not enough, he seemed to pull me through. Because of Gods love and strength this year, I am forever thankful.

Passion

For a while, I was unsure of where my passion had gone. It disappeared and I couldn't seem to find it. It was playing hide and seek, but I wasn't very good at finding it. But, this year, God brought my passions back to life. He breathed life back into them, and I have felt so fulfilled because of it. So, because God reignited my passion, I am forever thankful.

Family

This is something that I am thankful for every single day and every single year. But, this year more than any other, I have been shown that I have been blessed with a loving family. God showed me that I have it easy compared to others. I have a family that loves me and supports me always, and because of that, I am forever thankful.

As I sit here, as I watch the sun go down and rise again, I can't help but smile. I close my laptop and lay my head down on the pillow, with another day done, I fall asleep thankful. I fall asleep in awe of Gods wonder, his love and his endless grace. I fall asleep thankful for every extraordinary thing he has blessed me with this year and everything in-between.