the blessing and curse of being a blank canvas

The Curse & Blessing Of Being A Blank Canvas

The anticipation for body mods is real

6
personal photo

Customizing your body and expressing your individuality is perhaps one of the greatest blessings we have.

I remember my first body modification I got was in middle school and that was the basic ear piercing. I was ecstatic to finally have my ears pierced and since then I wanted more! I got a second ear hole in high school. I got my first tattoo a few months after I turned 18. I have a few tattoos since then, one DIY and a couple professional. I've had my nose pierced for a few months until it fell out. It was from a friend and didn't have the right starter jewelry in. Yet, despite this among a wrong placement, I was devastated when it happened.

Now, as I sit here writing this article, I feel the butterflies of being a blank canvas for more modifications. I want more piercings, mainly ear and another nose including nostril again and septum done the line, alongside so, so, so many tattoos. My next tattoo I want to be of a pet, either my betta fish Pluto or my tux kitty Sailor in a top hat and bowtie, I'm excited for both and plan on getting them as soon as I get a job and save up.

However, after my birthday I have some extra cash left. Not enough for another tattoo unfortunately but just another for a piercing. I've decided since yesterday I'm going to get my nose pierced. I'm completely stoked about this and can't wait. Hence I turned my excitement into productive article writing.

The blessing of a being a blank canvas is being able to fantasize and plan all the pretty decorations your body will have in the future. It's the butterflies and the planning, the sketching your desires out...

The curse? Not being to afford it all at once and wanting them done now!