Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Life is a beautiful thing.

17
Worry Less, Live More
Nick Winter

We all worry about things in our lives, whether that is about school, relationships, work, or other people’s perspective on us. Many people worry almost all the time about the smallest imperfections in their lives, and that may take a large effect on how they go through everyday life. It’s something that can take on a huge role on our health, physically and emotionally. Constant worry is never a good thing because most of the time, we are worrying about something that is not worth worrying about. Always look on the bright side of things. We live in a world where there are so many negative people going through each day complaining and worrying about irrelevant things. Also, a lot of us don’t appreciate life to its fullest.

Everyone exists, but the thing is, not everyone truly lives. Of course, I’m not saying we should not worry at all. Worry is a normal human emotion and we all do it. But what I'm saying is that we should not worry about the little things in life, and should start to appreciate life a little more so we live everyday to our fullest potential.

Spend more time in the present moment. Don’t worry about things that will happen in the future because most likely that won’t likely happen. Also, worrying about what people think about you may also trigger the worry habit and can have a huge affect on your self esteem. Remember, people don’t think about you and what you do as much as you may think.

One thing that I do that helps me relax is that if I have had a stressful day I find a quiet spot and I meditate. Whenever I meditate, I feel a sense of relaxation and internal peace. Meditation takes a lot of patience, but once you figure out the endless benefits of it, it’s an awesome thing to do to really relieve yourself from everyday stressors. Another thing that I do to stop worrying is taking walks. It’s always good to take a good study break, get some fresh air, and go on a nice walk to enjoy the little things in life. Whenever I am worrying about something, I always ask myself if it's really something to stress out about.

So when you feel worries starting to come up ask yourself this: How many of the things I feared would happen in my life did actually happen to me. We all worry, folks, but knowing the ways to handle it makes a tremendous impact on how you go throughout everyday life. Worry is a total waste of time. All it does is steal your joy and keeps you busy doing absolutely nothing. We all deserve to be happy and breaking the worry habit will have life changing effects for you mentally and physically.