Important World Cup Analysis And Predictions

Is it June 14th yet?

203

Being that there are officially 44 days until the World Cup kicks off, I think it is the appropriate time to give my analysis and predictions for this summer's biggest tournament. I will break down the top four teams that I think has the best shot to win the World Cup and then give a final prediction on who will be the last team standing when it's all said and done.

Belgium: Under coach Roberto Martinez, Belgium has been steadily improving for the past few years into an extremely formidable side and a world powerhouse. Belgium scored a record 43 goals in World Cup qualifying and look to show they have improved their team chemistry. With an offense that includes star players such as Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku, it is hard to not be impressed with the potential for sheer free-flowing, attacking football. Not to mention, many of the players on Belgium's squad play in the Premier League which has proved to help chemistry. The combination of a highly improved defense, backed by world class goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, and the firepower on offense, Belgium should be a top contender in this year's tournament.

France: Everyone knows the French national team has the star players and talent to go all the way this summer. Still, the question remains, will France have the experience and attitude to back up their tremendous skill? The focal points of the French squad include N'Golo Kante, Paul Pogba, Antoine Griezmann, Kylian Mbappe, Laurent Koscielny and Hugo Lloris. France will look to boss the midfield against any opponent and rely on their pacey attack to do the rest. With depth on defense that nearly no other team can boast, France will look to capitalize on their amazing talent.

Brazil: Similar to France, Brazil has one of the most daunting rosters of any team, maybe of all time. Brazil is known to have produced some of most skillful players the world has ever seen and this year's squad is full of insanely talented players. Spearheading the team is the controversial but undeniably amazing, Neymar. Through his stints with Barcelona and PSG, Neymar has proved that he has the starpower to lead Brazil to victory. Then, looking at the Brazilian defense which includes players such as Thiago Silva, Marcelo, Dani Alves and Alex Sandro, any team must be scared to face that kind of talent. On offense and in the midfield, you have even more world class players such as Phillipe Coutinho, Casemiro, Douglas Costa, Roberto Firmino and Gabriel Jesus. On top of all that, Brazil has two goalkeepers in Alisson Becker and Ederson who would be more than capable in net. You can count on Brazil to pressure opposing team's back line with their skill and pace and be rock solid on defense.

Germany: The reigning World Cup champs will look to repeat their success.. and they have the squad to do it. Germany is a ruthless team who will make teams pay for any mistakes they give up. Building from the back and controlling possession is Germany's game and they run their system like a machine. In the middle of the park, the orchestrator who controls the tempo is Toni Kroos. Alongside him in the midfield are players such as Julian Draxler, Ilkay Gundogan and Mesut Ozil. In terms of forwards, Germany will feature Marco Reus, Leroy Sane and Timo Werner, who are all capable of pouring in goals from the playmakers in midfield. The defense, which Germany prides itself on, has a back line that will include Jerome Boateng, Mats Hummels and Joshua Kimmich. With experience, skill and pace, I would bet Germany goes far once again in the 2018 World Cup.

Prediction: Now, drum roll please...... the winner of this year's world cup will be Brazil. Whatever starting 11 Tite, Brazil's coach, decides to put on the field will be absolutely packed with pace and skill that no team will be able to match. Brazil will relentlessly press every defense they play for 90 straight minutes and every player on the field will have the ability to score wonder goals. Neymar will come off his recent injury and do what he does best: terrorize opposing defenses with skill and finishing ability that is out of this world. On defense, Brazil has improved in a huge way and arguably has the best back line depth on paper. Basically, I simply cannot see any other team that will match the firepower and prowess of the Brazil squad.

Teams to watch out for: Croatia, Spain, England, Nigeria

Golden Boot: Roberto Firmino

Despite my teams (United States, Italy, Greece) not making the World Cup this year, I am extremely excited to see how this summer's big tournament will unfold.