10 Workouts To Fuel Your Finals Week

10 Workouts That Will Give Your Brain A Break And Fuel You During Your Finals Week

Give your brain a break and celebrate what your body can do.

443

Let's be honest, the three weeks in between Thanksgiving break and the holidays are absolute hell. You're drowning in assignments, the sun sets at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, and finals are lurking right behind you like Trump in the second presidential debate. You could use something to take your mind off of all the stress.

The best way to get yourself motivated during these final weeks is to get active. Give your brain a break and get moving with these 10 simple 15-60 minute workouts that'll leave you feeling energized.

1. Ab Series (Low intensity)

images.indianexpress.com

What you'll need:

Timer

What you'll do:

30-second Front-facing Plank

10-second Rest

30-second Right Side Plank

10-second Rest

30-second Left Side Plank

20 Raised Leg Crunches

10 Push-ups

60 Penguins

Repeat for 3 Rounds

2. Strength EMOM (Low intensity)

assets.menshealth.co.uk

What you'll need:

Sandbag/Weights

Box/Elevated surface

Timer

What you'll do:

5 Box Jumps

5 Burpees

5 Hand Release Push-ups

10-second Rest

Repeat for 5 Rounds

5-minute EMOM (Every Minute On the Minute)

Set your timer for one minute and do the following exercises. If you finish before the minute is up, rest the remaining time.

10 Sand Bags over the head

6 Squats w/ same bag (not over the head)

Repeat for 5 Rounds

3. 3x3 Series (Low intensity)

media1.popsugar-assets.com

What you'll need:

Dumbbells

Box/Elevated surface

What you'll do:

10 Lawn Mower Pulls (on each arm) To incorporate your core, do these in a plank position.

10 Step-ups with dumbbells

10 Dumbbell Scaptions

Repeat for 3 Rounds

10 Squats

10 Sit-ups

1-minute Wall Sit

Repeat for 3 Rounds

30-second Plank

10 Push-ups

30-second Right Side Plank

10 push-ups

30-second Left Side Plank

10 push-ups

4. Ab Series #2 (Medium intensity)

media.gq.com

What you'll need:

Timer

What you'll do:

45 seconds each

Front-facing Plank

Straight Leg Lifts (don't let your feet hit the floor - go slow if necessary)

Right Side Plank

V-ups

Wide-armed Plank

Accordions

Left Side Plank

Penguins

Front-facing Plank

Russian Twists

Rest

Repeat for 3 rounds

5. Strength EMOM #2 (Medium intensity)

cdn2.coachmag.co.uk

What you'll need:

Sandbag/Weights

Box/Elevated surface

Timer

What you'll do:

Complete as fast as possible

5 Box Jumps, 5 Burpees

4 Box Jumps, 4 Burpees

3 Box Jumps, 3 Burpees

2 Box Jumps, 2 Burpees

1 Box Jump, 1 Burpee

10-Minute EMOM

15 Air Squats, 10 Push-ups

8 Deadlifts

Alternate between exercises until 10 minutes are up for a total of 5 rounds of each.

6. Strength Relay (Medium intensity)

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

What you'll need:

Track/Treadmill

What you'll do:

Run a ¼ mile (2 laps on an indoor track, 1 lap on an outdoor, 0.25 mi on a treadmill) and then perform the following strength exercises:

10 Squats

10 Hand Release Push-ups

Repeat this dynamic between running and strength for 5 rounds (total running distance of 2 miles on an indoor track and 2 ½ on an outdoor/treadmill. Reduce outdoor track/treadmill distance to a 300 meter to do a total of 1 1/2 miles).

7. Body Weight Ladder (High intensity)

media1.popsugar-assets.com

What you'll need:

Track/Treadmill

What you'll do:

10 Push-ups

10 V-ups

10 Jump Squats

10 Tricep Dips

10 Walking Lunges (each leg)

Run a ¼ mile (2 laps on indoor track, 1 lap on outdoor, 0.25 mi on treadmill) in between working your way from 10 all the way down to 1 rep of each workout (total running distance of 2 miles on indoor and 2 ½ on outdoor/treadmill. Reduce outdoor track/treadmill distance to a 300 meter to do a total of 1 1/2 miles).

8. Abs, Ass, and Arms Ladder (High intensity)

i.ndtvimg.com

What you'll need:

Track/court/field with lines

What you'll do:

Find an area with lines (track, athletic field, basketball court, etc) or mark a distance of about 20 meters.

At Baseline:

3 Push-ups, 3 Jump Squats, 3 Single Leg V-ups (on each leg)

Sprint (straightaway for a track, full court for a basketball court, 20-yard line for a field). Recovery jog back.

6 Push-ups, 6 Jump Squats, 6 V-ups

Sprint

9 Push-ups, 9 Jump Squats, 9 V-ups

Sprint

12 Push-ups, 12 Jump Squats, 12 V-ups

Sprint

9 Push-ups, 9 Jump Squats, 9 V-ups

Sprint

6 Push-ups, 6 Jump Squats, 6 V-ups

Sprint

3 Push-ups, 3 Jump Squats, 3 V-ups

Sprint

9. Endurance Burpee Ladder (High intensity)

www.oxygenmag.com

What you'll need:

Track/Treadmill

Any lane with a distance of about 20 meters

What you'll do:

Jog 2 miles (20 laps on an indoor track, 8 on outdoor)

Get set in your lane and have an end line marked. The following should be done at a continuous pace:

Sprint to the end line

1 burpee

Sprint

2 burpees

Sprint

3 burpees

Continue increasing your burpees by one until you reach ten, then go back down the ladder until you get to one again. End with a sprint to the end line.

10. Iron Man Series (High intensity)

s.yimg.com

What you'll need:

Medicine ball

Box/Elevated surface

Track/Treadmill

What you'll do:

Complete all exercises in sets with a 20-second rest in between each set until the goal is reached.

For example, exercise number one is 40 wall balls. You could do 4 sets of 10 (10 wall balls, rest, 10 wall balls, rest, etc.), 8 sets of 5, or 5 sets of 8 - it's up to you.

40 Wall Balls

35 Box Jumps

30 Push-ups

25 V-ups

20 Burpees

15 Pike Push-ups

10 Lunge Jumps (both legs)

10 Sumo Squats

To finish, run a 400m (2 laps on an indoor track, 1 on outdoor, ¼ mile treadmill) as fast as possible and then do a one-mile recovery jog.

For definitions of exercises, check out this online exercise glossary:

https://workouttrends.com/exercise-glossary