Struggles of Working Long Summer Hours

6 Struggles of Working long hours over the summer

Fun adventures with friends or long hours and a paycheck; take your pick.

29

It is well into the summer months and while lots of people are enjoying going on awesome trips and adventures, like me, you've been living at your summer job. Of course, you would much rather be living life and going to the beach or to a concert, but life is expensive and money has to be made somehow.

I'm sure that you're summer isn't entirely ruined at this point but the struggles of constantly being at work are beyond real. Is it possible to need a vacation from summer vacation? Please tell me that you feel some of these struggles too!

1. Non-Existent Plans

Nothing is more disheartening than being invited on a cool weekend trip to the beach or to see your favorite singer in concert but than realizing that you can't go. And why is that? Because you've got to work, work, work, work WORK!

2. Regular Meals

Wait, what are regular times to eat meals and what is an actual meal again? The struggle of forever eating snacks to get through the day and going 8+ hours without a real meal is the new normal. Not eating a real dinner until 10 p.m.? Sounds about right...

3. Weird sleep habits

Wether it be after a long shit at the end of the night, or coming home from an early morning day, nothing feels better than jumping into bed. Regular sleep habits who? Never heard of her. Any chance to sleep, even if its a quick power nap, is a blessing.

4. Finally getting time off

It's been a long time coming, but finally you get some days off! Nothing is sweeter than not having to wake up to an alarm, and sleeping in is a true gift. What to do with yourself with this time off? The opportunities are endless!

5. The time goes too fast

Wait, didn't summer just start? With working so many hours the summer months seem to go by so fast that you almost wonder what you actually did to enjoy the summer break. Cue the questioning of wether or not working so much was actually worth it or a huge mistake.

6. No time to breathe

Finding time to just breathe or destress is a joke because if you're not working, you're using those few hours to sleep and basically keep yourself alive. I would be lucky to even eat a meal with my parents let alone get to sit down and relax.

While the struggle of working is long and grueling, hard work definitely pays off; getting that paycheck is such a good feeling. Even if sometimes working this much seems to be too much, the hours sometimes go by fast and you learn how life is in the real world.