Work and Life Balance

Work and Life Balance

Finding the perfect balancing act between work and life

20
Work and Life Balance
linkedin

Finding the perfect balance between your work and personal life is essential to a happy life. Some of us do not realize the importance of organizing our lives. We need to segregate and create our space for each of them separately. Work provides us satisfaction and money to lead our lives. Personal life disengages us from work and helps us bond with family and friends. Personal life helps us reenergize ourselves to work productively. Positive and healthy relationships help in balancing both these lives.

Incorporation of sports and leisure activity is important in our personal life so that we can be fresh and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Work life must be disciplined and should focus on productivity and results generating value to the organization. If there isn’t a fine line between the work and personal life, it would lead to a disorganized life. I would like to take the example of Secretary of state Hillary Clinton’s example where she did not differentiate between these two and caused security threats to the country. She was using her work mail to send personal emails and this contained highly confidential information. There was an open threat because of this carelessness. It is still unclear if any confidential information was compromised in this case. We have seen lot of other cases too where highly secure information of the state could be compromised due to insufficient security controls and measures. Education, training and awareness of these issues should be made available to all the users of these systems so that they do not commit such mistakes.

A good work life would help in maintaining a healthy personal life too. We could buy what we like and make our personal life happy. Both work life and personal life are interdependent on each other. Each of them impacts the other in their own way.

A perfect balance between the two could only be obtained by organizing and planning yourself well ahead. Effective time management is vital in this case. Keeping priorities and drawing a fine line between these lives with well defined goals would also help. Bringing activities from personal life into the workspace depends on the nature of the organization and how it functions. Companies need to understand and provide a great working environment so that employees must be able to maintain a good work life balance.