Words Meant To Last Forever And Always

Words Meant To Last Forever And Always

The people closest to us aren't always reminded how much they mean to us and sometimes it's important to find a way to remind them; especially if it has been three years.

21
Words Meant To Last Forever And Always
Aneyla Adona

The world is in love with love. No matter what is said no one can argue that love is not an integral part of everyday life. My mom used to tell me that love is the closest thing we have to magic and that’s why we all crave it so much. Oddly enough, despite that statement my mom shared with me, I also was taught that a person can’t go out seeking love, true love will find you. It doesn’t just have to be a romantic kind of love, it can be a love found in a friendship and even love that we share for our family members. I have been blessed in my life to have all sorts of love, but this romantic one that I share with my best friend is my favorite.

To the person I love with all my heart,

Thank you for being my best friend and loving me unconditionally. It has been three years since we first met back in high school, so naive and young, not knowing what the future held for us. Now, as we approach three years together I can’t help but smile at all the adventures we’ve been on, memories we’ve created, and laughter and love we have shared. First and foremost, a few thank you's are in order.

Thank you for believing in me when I couldn’t even believe in myself, giving me the pep talks I need when I fell like I have no control over my next step. Because as we all know, during this time, life has many curves where we must choose a path despite not being sure of the outcome.

Thank you for giving me the strength to be more independent and continuing to give me the confidence I never knew I had. You’ve continued to support me and give me reassurance, no matter how much I freak out and no matter how small the issue at hand may be.

Thank you for being the one to wipe away my tears and give me hugs that make me feel complete again. Your hugs are the most magical thing and you always manage to stop the tears and replace them with laughter.

Thank you for all the laughter and smiles that you’ve provided over the years, and all the pictures you've tolerated taking with me that keep me smiling when you aren't around.

Thank you for reminding me of who I am which has given me a sense of self I didn’t know existed. You've given me what I've needed and not just what I've wanted all while spoiling me so much it is unbelievable.

Thank you for always being so respectful and doing what is best for not only you, but us. No matter how hard or stressful a situation, you always seem to remain level headed and do what you have to do.

Thank you for being you and not changing no matter what. We’ve both seen others around us change, including our environments, but you’ve managed to grow as a person and do amazing things without feeling the need to change to fit in.

But most importantly, thank you for letting me love you, teaching me life lessons I will never forget, and giving me everything and more, including a best friend and boyfriend I could only dream of.

You have put up with so much, from the millions of pictures and videos I make you take with me, the songs I sing to you, the ridiculous romance movies and places I make you go, the neediness, and the times where I’ll grab your hand or arm and refuse to let go. You have remained such a good sport and still make the best of everything and everyplace.

You don’t know how much I love and care for you, and I don’t think you ever will. Your smile still lights up my life, your laugh remains contagious, your voice will always be my favorite sound, and your blue eyes will always cause me to lose my train of thought with how memorizing and beautiful they are. I always love and appreciate the way you make me feel respected, protected, and important. I thought that after three years this love would start to tone down, but I love you even more now than I did when we first started dating. Our memories and adventures remain in my heart and on loop in my head. I look back over these three years and at all the places we have been; Julian, Phoenix, Fort Worth, Dallas, Dodger Stadium, Qualcomm, PB, OB, La Jolla, anywhere our feet, parents, and cars could take us. Each place holds a special memory that will never leave or be forgotten.

To think of how you’ve grown as a man and done so much in life is incredible. I’ve watched you under the Friday Night Lights, wringing my hands and holding my breath each time you snapped the ball. I’ve seen you in the dim gym lighting during the Homecoming dances, remaining the brightest entity in my vision and the only one I cared about, and I’ve gotten to see you rock a tux at Prom, even if you hated the color. I’ve seen you defeat cancer, remaining a rock for everyone around you despite all the pain and sickness you were feeling, all while maintaining a strength and outlook I will always admire and never forget. I’ve seen you cry, a sight that broke my heart but showed me you cared. I’ve seen you work so hard it ran you ragged, all while balancing school, work, and our relationship. No matter how I’ve seen you, it has created even more reasons to love, respect, and appreciate you as a person.

The amount of respect and admiration I have for you and all you’ve done is not measurable, and you will forever be my Superman. The integrity, persistence, intelligence, care, and love that you have in just one pinky finger is more than what most people have in their whole body. And for that, you should be so incredibly proud.

You’ve loved me through all my flaws, all the stressful times, arguments, and overall, unconditionally. I hope our friendship and love continues to grow and more memories and pictures can be created. You have opened my mind to a world I had closed off and shown me what love truly is. For that, I will forever be grateful. Wherever our paths take us, whether we get to continue together or must continue separate for a while, I will always love and care for you and wish you the absolute best. You’re my heart and happiness and you don’t hear enough how important you truly are.

Happy Anniversary, my love. Never forget, I love you most, and endlessly.

All my love and respect,

Me.