Wonder Woman's Clothing Doesn't Destroy Feminism, YOU Do
Politics

Her clothes shouldn't have anything to do with it, her credentials, however, should have everything to do with it.

243
Flickr

If you think that "Wonder Woman's Clothing Destroys The Meaning Of Feminism"we have a problem. Do you even know what feminism is? No like really, have you looked up the definition of it?

According to the dictionary of all dictionaries, feminism is the theory of political, economic, and social equality of the sexes. Now please tell me how her clothing goes against this. I'll wait.

Sure, maybe it is revealing and tight but what superhero costume isn't? Every costume, be it, man or woman, it is tight and fit so you can see every nook and cranny of their bodies. Superman, Batman, Flash, Captin America. Every single one of those men has on a tight spandex suit and they aren't seen as less of a man or get their point across less because of their clothing. And let's be real here for a moment, how did they get you to go and see the movie, they picked a sexy man with muscles and put him in tight and revealing clothing. I'm not saying it's right but don't call them out on one side if you aren't willing to give up the other.

As for the "feminist message being lost" because of her clothing, aren't you saying exactly what everybody else is when they talk about women and clothing?

If it is too revealing, it was decided by a man because what girl would do that to herself? If it is too conservative, she is a prude. So, thank you high school dress code police for pointing out that a woman can't be a feminist if she chooses to wear something "too tight and too revealing", even though it is one bad ass part.

"Props to Marvel for creating such hyperactive, sexualized gender roles."

Your words, not mine. If gender roles include a group of women who don't need men to make their society what they want (not something that I want, but it's the storyline), women who can fight better than men with guns, women who are all around badasses and look flawless while doing it, women who have feelings, women who believe in fighting for what's right, feel free to stop me at any time. They created a movie for young women to watch and say, "one day mommy, I want to be like her." Also, what's wrong with "the bro world" gawking at her, because let's be real, anybody who sees her will be because she is absolutely GORGEOUS.

Aside from all of these, she is probably the best person that could have ever been chosen for this role. Yeah she is beautiful and has the power in one stare to bring any suitor to their knees but she does martial arts, she's a model, she is a pageant girl, she is a daughter, she is a mother, she is a wife, but most of all, she is a woman and people tearing her down and the franchise of Wonder Woman because of her clothing is ridiculous.

I am a feminist but does that mean I don't want men to think I am sexy, no. I may want them to think other things about me but being pretty will always be on the list.

"Her presence probably destroys the meaning of feminism."

I think you are wrong. Her presence brought light to feminism. She is a kickass female who did a kickass job in a film niche that is male-dominated. Before her in this movie, sure she was in the Fast and Furious franchise but let's face it, those movies have a long way to go in allowing the female counterparts larger parts, and she was in a few other Marvel movies, but most people didn't know who she was and most people hadn't read the Wonder Woman comics. Now, she is a household name, Wonder Woman is a household name, and most of all, young women and young girls have a great person to look up to, so if all of this constitutes "destroying feminism" I think I am all for it.

If you don't like Wonder Woman, that's fine, but don't you dare say Gal Gadot destroyed feminism, you did that when you brought down another woman for her job.